-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic I have a thought in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
I want to see my name at the top of all the shooters. My problem is that I have a real difficult time going from the sight in metal plate to the target. I feel like I do a very poor job centering on the target after seemingly being centered on the plate. For example, last Saturday we had shooters with 21 and 22 ‘X’s, I had 8. That is a huge…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic New Blog in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
Dave, good to hear from the great state of New York. How much longer are you fellows shooting? Please let us in on some of the shooting secrets that you have learned this year. We could maybe put some of them to use in the deep south and none of your fellow competitors will ever know you told us.
-
Wynne Echols started the topic in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
We have had a request from one of our new forum members to create a list of the places that you good shooters shop for shooting supplies, reloading supplies, firearms, etc. If you fellows will tell all of your secrets, I will pin the topic to the top so that you can check the list at a later date. Please, positive comments only. I will start it…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
We have had a request from one of our new forum members to create a list of the places that you good shooters shop for shooting supplies, reloading supplies, firearms, etc. If you fellows will tell all of your secrets, I will pin the topic to the top so that you can check the list at a later date. I will start it off with: PMA Tools.
Are you…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic New Blog in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
Another little something that I forgot to mention. For anyone that might want to try using the mandrel process, if you think that you might want a little smaller mandrel{a little more neck tension} chuck the mandrel in a drill press and take some small grit sand paper and grind off the edges of the mandrel. Remember to go slow, a little goes a…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic We Have a Different Winner!!! in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
Daryl, good to see you back on the forums and congratulations on your good shooting. As I stated in an earlier topic, there is a lot of experience in the .223/.308 division. What do you think about being appointed to the Reese Bottom ‘Welcome Wagon’?
I think that we have finally gotten to the bottom of the scoring error problem. Daryl mentioned…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic New Blog in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
I thought it was time to do a little writing today. Please read the new blog and use the forum to shoot arrows at it or maybe even offer 2 more cents worth to it. Let us hear from you. WWE
-
Wynne Echols started the topic We Have a Different Winner!!! in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
It makes me very proud to know that the good shooters that frequent Reese Bottom are also good honest people. I received an email this morning from Jeff Fish that suggested that his 5 shot, 500 yard, score was incorrect which allowed him to be incorrectly determined to be the Score winner in the .223/.308 division. His posted score of 80 should…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic Private Messages in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
I had a forum member bring to my attention last night that the list of forum members could no longer be found on the website. This person wanted to send another forum member a personal message. Well as it turns out, on the restart a couple of months ago that feature was eliminated. As of this mourning, it is back active on the right side of…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic August 2015 is in the Books in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
Okay fellows, see where you landed. Be sure and see the ‘Home Page’. See the ‘Photo Page’ for some new random photos. Saw from yesterday that a one armed camera man takes fuzzy photos. Thanks for a job well done, D P. The results are up on the ‘Results Page’. Congrats to all the winners and the rest of us need to pledge to improve. I have…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic Happy Birthday in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
I would like to say a big ‘Happy Birthday’ to the President, CEO, Chairwomen of the Board, and every other position held at Reese Bottom. She is now as old as I am, ever how old that is. If she had not said ‘I do’ forty four years ago and her family allowed me in, we would not be enjoying Reese Bottom as we do. Happy Birthday, Suze
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic Had a GREAT time! in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
Jeff, welcome to Reese Bottom and thank you for joining the chat forums. You seem to be a very humble fellow or there is something that you are not telling. The results suggest that you wore out the .223/.308 guys and there is a lot of experience in that division.
I have got to tell this story for those that did not see what happened yesterday…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic thanks for putting up with me today in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
Mr. Tom, I am aways excited to see a new face at Reese Bottom and we look forward to your return visit. If you would ever like to go out with me or by yourself, give me a call. Sure hope you get to feeling better soon. D W was to bring your things this afternoon.
Going to attach a photo. I am a very modest guy so you good shooters will have…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic thanks for putting up with me today in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
Mr. Tom, I am aways excited to see a new face at Reese Bottom and we look forward to your return visit. If you would ever like to go out with me or by yourself, give me a call. Sure hope you get to feeling better soon. D W was to bring your things this afternoon.
Going to attach a photo. I am a very modest guy so you good shooters will have…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic thanks for putting up with me today in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 1 month ago
Mr. Tom, I am aways excited to see a new face at Reese Bottom and we look forward to your return visit. If you would ever like to go out with me or by yourself, give me a call. Sure hope you get to feeling better soon. D W was to bring your things this afternoon.
Going to attach a photo. I am a very modest guy so you good shooters will have…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic August 2015 Bench Rest Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 2 months ago
Tom, we look forward to seeing you this Saturday and thanks for joining the forum. Please see if you are able to pull any comments out of these guys. They are all very good shooters, but when it comes to the forum most of them stay in the ‘6’ ring. Thanks again, WWE
-
Wynne Echols started the topic Taking it to the Next Level in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 2 months ago
I had the privilege of shooting with Mrs. Bauer two years ago in Yukon, MO at the IBS long range Nationals. I ran across these results from a recent long range match match and it looks like she has things figured out. Click the photo to enlarge and check out the amazing 5 shot group that she posted at 1000 yards to win the shoot off. That has to…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic August 2015 Bench Rest Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 2 months ago
I think we have enough interest to go forward with the 50 yard .22 match. This will be shot following the regular August match as stated in the above post. I will plan to have a little something for lunch so that we will not go hungry. Our family is all about eating. If you might know of someone that is not interested in the regular match but…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic August 2015 Bench Rest Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 2 months ago
Reese Bottom will host a bench rest match on Saturday August 15, 2015. The match will consist of 30 record rounds plus fouler shots before each record target. As mentioned a few weeks ago we will shoot a 5 shot target at 400 yards, a 10 shot target at 400 yards, a 5 shot target at 500 yards, and a 10 shot target at 500 yards. A shooter may…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic Too Hot to Shoot in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 11 years, 2 months ago
Fertilized and watered the grass at Reese Bottom this afternoon. ’bout died. See the thermometer on the photo below. There was a moccasin in the ditch behind the tables waving a white towel. WWE
- Load More