August 2015 Bench Rest Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room August 2015 Bench Rest Match

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Reese Bottom will host a bench rest match on Saturday August 15, 2015. The match will consist of 30 record rounds plus fouler shots before each record target. As mentioned a few weeks ago we will shoot a 5 shot target at 400 yards, a 10 shot target at 400 yards, a 5 shot target at 500 yards, and a 10 shot target at 500 yards. A shooter may shoot two guns at a cost of $10 per gun and we will start registering at 8 am and be shooting by 9 pm. We will divide the rifles the same as always into three divisions with all moneys paid to various winners and small prizes for small groups on three targets with the ‘Gunny Pot’ being the 5 shot target at 500 yards. We hope to see many of you good shooters on the 15th.

I also mentioned the possibility of holding a 22 match after the regular match. The intent here is to create more interest. If you are interested, please respond to this post and let me know how many are interested. I would say that we need at least 5 or more. My thinking, for this first time, 22 only, 25 shots, 50 yards, plus foulers, high score wins. I have some official 50 yard targets. $5 per shooter. ??????

brett collins
      Participant

MR WYNNE the 22 match is something that I would be interested in .

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wynne the 22 match is something I would stay over for and I’m sure Jimmy would too.

Doug Pugh
      Participant

I will shoot in the 22 match.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Addison and I will shoot the .22 match. And I may have a couple more who would like to shoot also.

Mike Reekie
      Participant

I own three 22 rifles, but the most accurate would probably group over an inch at 50 yds. I fired a borrowed one at a match in Meridian using a target with 10 ring about 1/4 inch and the x was a dot in the center. I scored 239/250. That was 19th out of 20 shooters. There are some really accurate and expensive 22 rifles.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I think we have enough interest to go forward with the 50 yard .22 match. This will be shot following the regular August match as stated in the above post. I will plan to have a little something for lunch so that we will not go hungry. Our family is all about eating. If you might know of someone that is not interested in the regular match but would like to shoot the .22 match, please suggest that they arrive shortly after noon. I also ask that everyone bare with me on this one and we can tweek it going forward. It will be 25 record shots at 50 yards with foulers. The only rule will be that the shooter must shoot .22 rimfire ammo, no .17’s and no center fire. Rules will be enforced by a committee of ‘1’. Hope to see many of you good shooters this Saturday. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Tom Little, new guy would like to shoot in .22 match

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Tom, we look forward to seeing you this Saturday and thanks for joining the forum. Please see if you are able to pull any comments out of these guys. They are all very good shooters, but when it comes to the forum most of them stay in the ‘6’ ring. Thanks again, WWE

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.