-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic Tough 1000yd Competition!!!!!!!! in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 5 months ago
Allen, it is truly amazing how well people are now shooting. Five years ago, a 4+ group would have been competitive at 500 yards, but not anymore. Glad to hear that your weather is now allowing you good shooters to get to the range. Rain has been a problem around here. I hope that the dasher continues to shoot better and your day will come.…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic Tennessee Regionals in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 5 months ago
Please tell us more about your trip to Pascagoula. WWE
-
Wynne Echols started the topic New Shooters in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 5 months ago
While just going over the results from this past Saturday at Reese Bottom, it caught my attention that we had six first time visitors and three said that this was actually their first match to shoot ever. Thanks for coming, please come back, and help pass the word about Reese Bottom. I hope that your experience was what you were expecting. My…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic Shooting last Saturday in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 5 months ago
I admit that I made a mess of trying to shoot off of the flag at the 440 yard mark. I was wondering if any of you good shooters might have found a better way to read the condition before breaking the shot? I never noticed any mirage. Any comments? Thanks in advance, WWE
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic April Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 5 months ago
Bob, first off, I am glad that you fellows have found your way to Reese Bottom and thanks for joining the forums. Your photo and comment above are exactly what this forum needs, so thank you. Please help me find topics that will pull comments out of other good shooters and forum members. Your scores got better with each target and I was most…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic April Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 5 months ago
Steve, one more comment. I had a spotting scope set up looking at the 450 yard flag and I still cannot figure out what I am looking at or for. WWE
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic April Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 5 months ago
Thanks Steve. Everyone be sure and check the ‘Results’ page for a listing of today’s winners[and losers]. Sorry, we did not get any random photos today. The Canon locked up taking pictures of the winners. There were several first time visitors to Reese Bottom today and everyone left about 4″ taller than they arrived. One guy said “you weren’t…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic 6 dasher loads????? in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 6 months ago
Allen, Mr. Gardner has mentioned that he adjust his loads .1 grain for each 10 degrees of change. The info above says that you are on to something good. I hesitate to compare loads because of all of the variables[barrel length, primers, neck tension, jam vs jump, etc] You are definitely close. I remember you and me talking at the world open…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic April Mid Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 6 months ago
Friday morning about 8:30 am. Reese Bottom is under cloudy skies and the weather channel app is saying 20% chance today and 0% chance tomorrow so I am going out on a limb and say we are good to go. We had about 2 1/2 inches of rain Monday night and it has rained everyday since then but we have had less than 1 inch of accumulation. The grass is…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic 6 dasher loads????? in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 6 months ago
Allen, good to hear from you. I will tell you like I told Mr. Gardner last week, ya’ll need to pack up and move south. He was saying how bad the wind had been blowing in PA. Here are my two cents on your post. For you long range shooters, the conditions are going to have as much or more effect than the load and for us slow shooters that will…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic 6 dasher loads????? in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 6 months ago
Allen, good to hear from you. I will tell you like I told Mr. Gardner last week, ya’ll need to pack up and move south. He was saying how bad the wind had been blowing in PA. Here are my two cents on your post. For you long range shooters, the conditions are going to have as much or more effect than the load and for us slow shooters that will…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic April Mid Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 6 months ago
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday, I was able to do some bush hogging at Reese Bottom. Today, water was everywhere. We will shoot if at all possible, but one thing for sure, it will be wet. If anything changes, I will post as soon as possible but we are planning to shoot if not raining. WWE
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic April Mid Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 6 months ago
Guys, I am asking that there be no[0] shooting before the match next Saturday. My son and nephew are in full turkey chase right now and I have promised no shooting until 9:00 am. Thanks, WWE
-
Wynne Echols started the topic April Mid Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 6 months ago
April at Reese Bottom means Mid Range Prone Match. Please be registered by 8:00 am so that we can hopefully get everything arranged and be shooting by 9:00 am. $10 per gun with all moneys paid out as prizes. Bring your drinks and snacks and you will be expected to eat on the move. The course of fire will be 3 targets, 20 shots each, @ 600…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic March Shoot Week in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 6 months ago
I am sorry, but there is nothing that we can do about the weather. I poured almost 2″ out of the rain gauge this morning and it has rained all afternoon. Make plans to shoot the Mid Range Prone match in April. We will post more info about the match around the first of the month. WWE
ps. If you know of anyone that was planning to attend…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic March Shoot Week in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 6 months ago
I am sorry, but there is nothing that we can do about the weather. I poured almost 2″ out of the rain gauge this morning and it has rained all afternoon. Make plans to shoot the Mid Range Prone match in April. We will post more info about the match around the first of the month. WWE
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic Transonic Effect on Bullet Stability in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 7 months ago
Steve, I think we witnessed this first hand last Monday trying to push those 140 grain Bergers a mile. I still scratch my head at how much that gentle breeze moved that bullet side ways. Don’t think I ever mentioned how much that I enjoyed spending the morning with you and Johnny. Great time and a lot learned.…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic Transonic Effect on Bullet Stability in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 7 months ago
Steve, I think we witnessed this first hand last Monday trying to push those 140 grain Bergers a mile. I still scratch my head at how much that gentle breeze moved that bullet side ways. Don’t think I ever mentioned how much that I enjoyed spending the morning with you and Johnny. Great time and a lot learned. WWE
-
Wynne Echols started the topic March Shoot Week in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 7 months ago
Just a reminder to everyone that this Saturday, March 19, Reese Bottom will hopefully host the first bench rest match of 2016. The details for the shoot are mentioned in another topic. More or less the same as always. The weather forecast does not look very promising at this time, but we all know that things can change. Reese Bottom is very…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic North Carolina .22 Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 10 years, 7 months ago
I received a phone call last week from forum member Gardner from up in PA. to let me know that he and a buddy were on a 600+ mile road trip to NC to shoot in a 4 day 50 yard .22 match. He said that the match would be held in a couple of chicken houses and that they paid out lots of cash prizes. Well after several days of not hearing from David,…[Read more]
- Load More