April Mid Range Prone Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room April Mid Range Prone Match

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

April at Reese Bottom means Mid Range Prone Match. Please be registered by 8:00 am so that we can hopefully get everything arranged and be shooting by 9:00 am. $10 per gun with all moneys paid out as prizes. Bring your drinks and snacks and you will be expected to eat on the move. The course of fire will be 3 targets, 20 shots each, @ 600 yards and all shooters will be asked to work in the pits. 7 sighters on target 1, and 2 each on targets 2 and 3. The long range forecast is a little suspect, but that will change several times between now and then. For a weather update, please check the website closer to next weekend. If anything changes, I will post as soon as possible. Divisions are F-Open, F-T-R, Sling, and Open Bench. I have been contacted by several shooters that have not shot at Reese Bottom before, so we are looking for a good crowd. Hope the weather co operates and we see many of you good shooters on the 16th. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

I will be there. Have not fired a gun since I was up there trying the mile. Had plans to shoot a sniper challenge in Jackson, Miss. This weekend but I may back out. There will be 10 stations where you range and fire once at 5 different targets at unknown distances. Some of the shots are standing but can use tripod or shooting sticks. Need to practice ranging with my scope more before I try this?

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Guys, I am asking that there be no[0] shooting before the match next Saturday. My son and nephew are in full turkey chase right now and I have promised no shooting until 9:00 am. Thanks, WWE

Looking forward to be able to shoot this month just hope the weather lets us do our thing.I’ll be there early like always maybe I will hear the shot on their Turkey.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looks like at least 4 of us southern boys are coming! Looking forward to a good match. Going to shoot my 6.5 off a bipod to see how it does. Got a 594 last time I tried it. Hopefully I will do better!

Don Martin
      Participant

Hey guys looks like 3 of us from Baldwin County are gonna try and make it on Saturday. If we can get a range report friday that would be great, the rain has started here already hopefully it won’t mess us up.

Semper Fi

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday, I was able to do some bush hogging at Reese Bottom. Today, water was everywhere. We will shoot if at all possible, but one thing for sure, it will be wet. If anything changes, I will post as soon as possible but we are planning to shoot if not raining. WWE

Don Martin
      Participant

Good morning, I’m hoping the range isn’t flooded and everything is a go for saturday.
      If somebody could please give me a confirmation of this it would be much appreciated as three of us have a 3 hour ride to get there.
      Semper Fi and hope to see you on Saturday

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Friday morning about 8:30 am. Reese Bottom is under cloudy skies and the weather channel app is saying 20% chance today and 0% chance tomorrow so I am going out on a limb and say we are good to go. We had about 2 1/2 inches of rain Monday night and it has rained everyday since then but we have had less than 1 inch of accumulation. The grass is cut so come on and let’s make this the best mid range prone match to date. Pack you and snack and wear your rubber boots, it will be wet or at least sticky. When you turn at the orange cone, the ground seems firmer in the middle as you head toward the range, the edges get a little soft. If anything changes, I will post it here as soon as possible or feel free to call my cell 334-654-2462. See ya in the am, WWE

Don Martin
      Participant

Game on ! unless I hear otherwise we are good to go. We should be there between 0730 and 0800 if something happens on the road I’ll call your cell.
      Semper Fi

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.