Saturday Fun Shooting ?????

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Saturday Fun Shooting ?????

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, just when Reese Bottom had begun to dry out , here comes the rain. I was over there this morning running a weedeater and things were really looking up. If you were planning on coming Saturday morning, please check the website around 8 oclock tomorrow night to see if there are any changes. If there are changes to our plans, I will post them here in this topic. Let’s see what tomorrow brings although it has already rained enough to make it sloppy.

I am going to attach a photo that good shooter Steve Gilley sent me this morning from a law enforcement exercise staged at his place. He said to mention that if any of you good shooters get bored just shooting, that they are looking for volunteers willing to jump from the chopper. Not really. Not sure if one of the three is Steve. WWE

Attachments:
      Michael Claunch
      Participant

I will check tonight

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Glad to be able to report that we have been dry all day today. As of 6:30 we are watching the sun set in the west. I am no weather man but if I had to offer an educated guess I would think things would be okay for tomorrow morning. Unless something changes I plan to be at Reese Bottom about 8 am tomorrow. Feel free to call my cell[334-654-2462] after 6 am in the morning. Even if you do not intend on shooting any, just come and observe how things are going to work. Hope to see many of you tomorrow morning. WWE

Michael Claunch
      Participant

Plan to be there to help

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Knowing I could not make the match there was a small chance I could come tomorrow to learn about the e targets but it looks like I’m not going to be able to make it 😝
      Jrs

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Plan on coming up if it’s not storming. Don’t have many bullets loaded but want to see the system.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I plan to be there

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well I’m sorry for the ones that didn’t make it to Reese Bottom today, I had a great time and the conditions were as perfect as could be, and the new target system is awesome. I think mr. Wynne done his homework. I think all you good shooters will be happy. Thanks Mr. Wynne

Michael Claunch
      Participant

Very good results at Reese Bottom this morning. Several shooters got to experience the new ShotMarker targets. Fast feedback and accurate. One trip down range to set up targets and one to retrieve the sensors and put targets back in shed when the match is over. No Pit duty. that will be nice when the weather gets Hot!. Wynne has plans to expand the existing firing line to 6 places for prone, on concrete, under a roof. Well, when it dries up a bit. There are still a few open and FTR spots for the third Sat match. Concerned about your 600 yard dope. A couple shots at 100 to confirm zero and with your bullet weight and checking your FPS with the LABRADAR and computer program will put you within a MOA. Come on guys this system is great.
      See you on Saturday the 20th.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

We had five good shooters try out the new e-targets at Reese Bottom this morning. Overcast skies provided excellent shooting conditions. Two of the shooters had never shot e-targets before and were amazed at how well it all works. If you are sitting on the outside waiting to get in, come on and register, you will enjoy the shooting. Two of the five shooters did not have their 100 yard zero properly identified, but we quickly were able to figure out what was going on. As of this writing I have 10 of the 18 spots spoken for. I will list the registered shooters in the next day or two. Please help me fill these slots. I am attaching a few photos from this morning. Spend all of your money on powder and bullets and remember to always turn your turrets back to zero. WWE

Daryl White
      Participant

Enjoyed the Morning at Reesebottom! Was my first Time using Electronic Targets and WOW! Instant feed back on shot placement, velocity and score from 600 yards is awesome! After having issues with my 308’s accuracy and extending the seating depth – my groups seemed to tighten up. Was also able to stretch the Remington PCR 6.5 Creedmore out to 600 yards for the first time and score a Ten ring or two! Looking forward to this months Match!

brett collins
      Participant

It was a great day for some shooting. And the target system was absolutely outstanding and very easy to learn.
      MR. WYNNE has hit a home run with this. thanks wynne for all of your hard work and for putting up with us today

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I can’t wait to use the new targets! Till then, happy shooting!

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

It is great that the E targets are working well for you. Give me a call when you get a free minute to discuss them.

Dave

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Hello in the great state of New York. We are shooting a mid range prone match this weekend. I should know better after the match. I will call next week. WWE

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.