Trick or Treat!! October Mid Range Prone Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Trick or Treat!! October Mid Range Prone Match

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

On Saturday October 19, 2019 Reese Bottom will host the final Mid Range Match of the 2019 shooting season. The match format will be 3/20/600 plus sight in shots all scored by the Shotmarker E-Target system. We are asking all good shooters to please register their attendance here in this topic. Please try to arrive by 8 am so that we can hopefully be shooting by 9 am. I will furnish some drinks, food, and shooting mats. You bring the rest of the stuff. $20 get you in the gate and we will be shooting Open and FTR and anyone not able to shoot prone may shoot from one of the wooden benches. Who will wear the helmet and who will hold the trophy? Register here and we hope to see many of you good shooters on the 19th. WWE

I am attaching a photo of good shooter Michael Claunch in a bucket truck trimming limbs out to 1000 yards. Michael is always willing to help when I call. I told him this job should only take a couple of hours starting at 9 am. We returned the truck that afternoon at 4:30 and going up the road the thermometer said like 102. I have spent the last couple of weeks moving dirt and am about ready to start constructing the target backers at 1000 yards. I was wondering if there is any interest in getting together maybe the 3rd Saturday in December to do some informal shooting at 1000 yards. Let me hear from you. WWE

Attachments:
      brett collins
      Participant

f-open 6br
      i would be in for some 1000 yards 284 time.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Michael Claunch left a package for you with me. Don’t let me forget

brett collins
          Participant

MR. WYNNE just reminding you.
          thanks

brett collins
      Participant

i just talked with johnny pace and he will be there.
      f-open 6.5-47 bench

Michael Claunch
      Participant

Hate to miss this one, Shasta and I will be on vacation this month. Should be a little cooler by the 19th.

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Sign me up 6BrX open bipod
      And yes I would loves more 1k play time.
      Hate your going miss this month Michael
      But glad Wynne is letting you take a vacation. Thanks for all you do

308 FTR for me.

Daryl White
      Participant

Wynne, Not able to compete this month.

Sonny Korner
      Participant

Sonny’s .308 FTR in Oct.
      Dec. long range too.TKSX

Jessie Smith
      Participant

Unfortunately I have a gun show to go to I will see you guys next month have a good one

mike boykin
      Participant

308 ftr for me mr Wynne and yes for dec. 1000yd.

scott parten
      Participant

Sign me up please
      F-open 6br

SP

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Richard Allen called and will be shooting Open. Wynne will be shooting FTR. Looking like a small crowd. Please encourage others to sign up. WWE

Steve Gilley
      Participant

I’m going to try my best to be there. Will be open class

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

FTR shooting my. 308. I would be interested in doing some 1000yd shooting also.

David moore
      Participant

David Moore and Ted Blakney will be shooting open bipod

David moore
      Participant

what is the weather going to be like

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

David, the weather app says 73* with a 40% chance of rain. That’s all we have to go on. This is a different type match than the last time you were here. Prone shooting and no muzzle brakes. Those not able to shoot prone can shoot from a bench. If you are shooting, I would like to know the caliber rifle so that I can have the computer ready before the match.

For anyone else planning to attend, please register by 7:00 pm tonight so that I can start putting things together. Thanks, WWE

David moore
      Participant

I understand the match I shoot f class but I have one rifle and it has a brake.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

David, not trying to create an issue here, but brakes are not allowed when we shoot prone. Shooters are very close together at Reese Bottom and it is not fair to shooters next to the brake. We allowed it once and it did not work out well. We have had several people in the past to unscrew the brake for a match. Another option would be to shoot from one of the wooden benches. Hope to see you Saturday. WWE

David moore
      Participant

Ted shoots a 6.5 creed I shoot a 6.5×47

David moore
      Participant

I 100% can understand that. No issues at all with your rules.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

I will be there with my 6brx.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.