September 2019 Bench Rest Results

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room September 2019 Bench Rest Results

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Sorry fellows, I’m running behind getting things posted. I had to work yesterday afternoon and watched football all night. I’ll get things up later tonight so please bare with me. Great to see such a good crowd yesterday. Twenty three in all with three first time shooters. Stay tuned, WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, I am running behind but should have things posted now. Great to see such a good turnout for the match yesterday. Twenty three guns entered with three first time shooters. Was good to see Britt Jones from Backwater Custom Rifles at the match yesterday and a big thank you for helping with scoring and measuring the targets. Also good to see good shooters Dan and Ad Gunter pay a short visit to Reese Bottom. A special thanks to Don Lewis for cooking up some sausage and biscuits for breakfast and some delicious hamburgers for lunch. Richard Slaton brought some homemade blackberry cobbler for desert. Reese Bottom has become a big social event along with some very competitive shooting. Congrats to all the winners and be sure and see the home page, photo page, and the results page. We got lots of pictures even though some of our good shooters are not good pictures to be taken. Each month we have a lost and found. This month I have a big stainless knife and Sonny Korner turned in a pair of ear muffs that got in his stuff the month before.

After the match, several good shooters stayed around and lobbed a few rounds out to 1000 yards. Some did and some did not. We all have work to do at that distance before we take aim at the Shotmarker E-targets.

Two matches remaining in 2019. October we will be a mid range prone match at 600 yards using the Shotmarker Scoring System. November will end the year with a 600 yard bench rest match shooting 4/5 shot targets and official IBS 600 yard targets with the Shotmarker Scoring System both scoring and measuring the groups. Good shooters will be asked to register for these matches so be sure and check in shortly after the first of each month. Please be sure and let others know about your experience at the matches at Reese Bottom. Thanks, WWE

Michael Claunch
      Participant

It was good to see Britt Jones at the match. I haven’t seen him since I picked up my rifle just before this season of shooting. I believe several of the rifles on the line are his work. The match went well with only a couple of incidents. A couple cross fires, one bullet pulled out and dumped the powder load into the chamber, and I had a case that needed a rod to extract. Old habits from hunting, I always catch my brass with the hand that pulls the bolt back. Somehow the case bounced back into the chamber backwards and I could not pull it out. That’s one reason why I keep a long wooden dowel in the gun case With the help of Surrell who shoots 1000 at Bar3, I used his dope on my rifle and dinged the 20 inch plate at 1000 on the first shot. It’s been over 30 years since I shot at that distance and I look forward to shooting a 1000 next year.
      Wynne has put a lot of time, money and effort into the range especially this year.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Michael, thank you for being so willing to help when I call. Great shooting this past Saturday. Sounds to me like Surrell made life easy for you. Congrats on the victory. WWE

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.