New Shooter update

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room New Shooter update

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Claunch
      Participant

Talked with Brit Jones this week, my FTR is coming together.
      The action and barrel are already in with the stock coming in October.
      Maybe I will get to shoot with it at the prone match in November.

Michael Claunch

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Great News. Congratulations, I know you are getting excited. WWE

Michael, tell us more on your new FTR shooter. What are you having built 223 or 308? Give us a list of all your parts, scope, barrel, receiver and stock. Looking forward to seeing you more at Reese Bottom.

I have a McMillan XIT stock on order for my new FTR 308 and can hardly wait till it comes in so I can getting it ready for next year. Built on a Remington 700 40X with a Broughton 5C 1000 yard F-Class barrel 1 in 10 twist and the F-Class chamber for the Berger 200.20X . I’m hoping it’s going to be a good shooter and I know it will if I do my part.

Michael Claunch
      Participant

It will be a .308. I have a Sightron 1050×60 FCH scope ready to mount. It has been so long ago I can not remember which barrel maker we agreed on, but it will be 30 inch with 1-10 twist. A Defiance action single action with 20 MIL angle on rail. Bix and Andy trigger. Waiting on McMillian A5 stock.
      May wait until I get the stock to order a rear bag. Can not decide on flat top or tapered, but probably Protektor with handle and silver ears spaced 1 inch. I think I have all I need to start loading as soon as I can measure where to seat bullets for the barrel. I have Berger 175, 185 and 200 bullets. I also have plenty of Sierra BTHP 168 left over from my old shooting days.

Michael Claunch
      Participant

Cutting it close. My McMillian stock has still not come in. Still hoping to be there for the Nov match.

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Hopefully you have a plan B and hopefully you won’t have to use it

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.