New for 2020 !!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room New for 2020 !!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I am going to use this topic to list a few new expectations that I would like to see from the good shooters that frequent Reese Bottom. First, thanks for your attendance and willingness to help with things over the last several years. We have come a long ways together and now it is time to enjoy what we have created. I stated in an earlier topic that several times during this past year that I had not gotten much enjoyment out of the matches and I have tried to identify the problems and hopefully find a solution. After reading your responses and doing a little thinking on my on I have come to the conclusion that I have put some undue pressures on myself. The three things that I have identified that I want you to help me work on are: trying to be nice to everyone about everything, being in a hurry to move on, and the thought of what I would do if someone shot something down range. Here is my explanation of the three things listed above and what I intend to do this coming year. #1 being nice to everybody about everything!! Nobody likes a horse’s arse and I certainly hate being one but as Richard stated in the other topic, “Mr. Wynne would like to see everyone come prepared to compete” not just shoot. We had to hold up several matches this past year for quite a long time for one reason or another. Two things will be done different this year. If two straight shots do not register on the Shotmarker system, then the third bullet must register or the rifle is DQ’d for the day. This is during sight in period or record period. I have purchased a count down clock and every segment of every match this year at Reese Bottom will be timed. I intend to make these very generous times but the shooter is expected to keep up at all times. This will probably lengthen the matches a little but should not amount to a whole lot. Will be a work in progress. The Shotmarker system is nice but came with a price. I will be responsible for all cables but if a good shooter shoots a sensor or the sensor hub the cost will be $25 for each sensor and $250 for the sensor hub. We have tried to get all of the technology well out of the way and rest assured that it will take a very errant shot to hit anything. A very good windage zero at 100 yards pretty much guarantees no problems. The only experience we have had was getting a cable cut because of a slam fire. We are going to ask that all shooters pre register for each match. No walk ups the morning of the shoot. I will announce each match the first Sunday of the month and give you until the Thursday night before the match to register your attendance. I am going up to $25 per shoot this year. I will have the coffee pot every month and we will have sausage and biscuits for breakfast and drinks and something for lunch. $5 to ‘Gunny Pot’ and $10 to winners pot. Thanks in advance for your understanding with all of this. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

All comments to the above are welcomed. If anyone would like to speak with me in private, my cell number is 334-654-2462. Call me Alabama. lol

The first match of 2020 will be on Saturday February 15, 2020. This will be a 20 shot for record match shot from the benches. Four/five shot targets all at 600 yards using the Shotmarker scoring system. Three divisions, F Open, FTR, and mechanical front rest. Both the F-Open and FTR divisions will shoot for score only but at the smaller targets. The shooter will be able to view the tablet the whole time. We will remove the tablet during the record fire for the mechanical division. This is a little different so bare with us. The order of fire will include and 10 minute sight in period before the first target then a two minute count down sight in period and go right into record fire for first target. Target 2, 3, and 4 will all have a two minute count down and go straight to record fire. Each shooter will go to the bench twice and shoot two targets each trip.

Plans now are to hold a Mid Range Prone Match at 600 yards in March.

This should give you good shooters something to plan on. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I received a phone call yesterday and the good shooter asked me what I meant above when I said ” prepared to compete”. Well, I was not thinking about simply winning every match. If that were the case then most of ‘Us’ would have to stay home each month. My wish is only that all the good shooters that come to Reese Bottom just know their rifle and it’s capabilities. Things like a good zero, wither, 100 or 200, bullet type, muzzle velocity and things of that sort. With the E-Targets random bullets are not good. Michael Claunch helped me all day today wiring the shed. One of our topics was that when we shoot out to 1000 yards, any target mishap is going to cause a 30 to 40 minute interruption. 1000 yards is over 1/2 mile and it takes a while to get there and back. Can you imagine 2 or 3 of those in a days time? I mentioned the work done today, well the shed now has three new LED lights over the benches and two new receptacles, one for the computer and another for the coffee pot and new count down clock. Now if we can just keep the generator running. I hope that everyone is getting as excited about the up coming year as I am. Hopefully we will enter unchartered waters with our matches. I have not received any complaints about the February match format so I assume it is a go. We have several shooters that for one reason or another do not frequent the website so please help me get this information to them. I do not want anyone to not be aware that we are expecting everyone to preregister. Another way to contact me is to either call or text me on my cell# 334-654-2462. We need shooters. WWE

Michael Claunch
      Participant

Enjoyed working in the rain with you yesterday. The lights should help some of us with old eyes that have been using flashlights to see the adjustments on our scopes.
      I can bring my Honda 2000 for a backup if yours is on the fritz.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Wynne I will be there shooting my 6brx from a mechanical rest. Will let you know about Jake and DeWayne. DeWayne is waiting on his scope rings now and should be ready to test his new rifle this week.

Larry Linneman
      Participant

Hi Mr wynne i haven’t forgotten about the matches work killed me shooting much last year if everything goes ok this year im looking forward to shooting in your fclass matches this year

David moore
      Participant

Ted Blakney will be shooting on the Feb 15th match

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.