May 2019 Mid Range Match Registration !!!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room May 2019 Mid Range Match Registration !!!

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Please respond in this thread if you would like to register for the Mid Range Prone Match to be held at Reese Bottom on Saturday May 18, 2019. The format will be 3 X 20 X 600 yards shot at the newly installed Shotmarker E-Targets. We will shoot two divisions, Open and FTR and plans are to limit participation to 24 good shooters so please help me get the word out. I ask that all shooters please register here by Thursday May 16 by 7:00 pm so that I can get things organized. You may call my cell to register also[334-654-2462] I will update the shooter list every few days. Any of you that have both type guns, it would let me better balance the match for better competition. I would let you know ahead of time where you end up. We are in the process of doing work on the range and although things will not be complete, we should be able to shoot with no problems. I have bought new tablets for the scorers and have ordered a bunch of new mats from Creedmore Sports so if they arrive in time you good shooters should not have to bring anything but yourself, gun, ammo, and rest. Steve Gilley has offered to loan me a second bench. As you register, please list the division, gun caliber, and please make mention if you intend to shoot from a bench. Click the photo below and see if you recognize anything different. Hint, things got closer together. Hope to see at least 24 of you good shooters on the 18th. WWE

Attachments:
      brett collins
      Participant

f open for me Please

Richard Slaton
      Participant

F open 6 brX Savage Striker from ground
      Have not E target before
      Jrs

brett collins
      Participant

sorry about that 6BR

F open 6br or FTR 308 which ever will work for the match.

mike boykin
      Participant

ftr 308 for me thanks mr. wynne.

Daryl White
      Participant

FTR – 308 Tks Mr. Wynne.

Sonny Korner
      Participant

FTR-.308 & F-OPEN 6.5 I’D RATHER SHOOT F-OPEN PRONE THIS TIME, BUT I’LL HAVE BOTH WHATEVER WORKS BEST, TKSX

Anonymous
      Inactive

FTR 308 for me Mr. Wynne , thanks.

scott parten
      Participant

I’m in please sir. FTR .308

Doug Pugh
      Participant

I’m in if there is still room. F-open 6BR

Ron Williams
      Participant

I had shoulder surgery on the 22nd I think I’ll be ready by then put me down for f-open 6dasher

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Ron Williams, with your surgery, do you plan to shoot prone or from a bench? WWE

Ron Williams
          Participant

Wynne I’m gonna work on it I start physical therapy Monday and I’m already ahead of schedule so I should be good I would like to practice some I’ll call you and see when it would be ok to go shoot some. I think I’ll be ok for prone

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Ron Williams.
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I said that I would update every few days. All registrants so far are listed above, none have registered by phone. We have 10 good shooters so far on our way to 24, we hope. Please make all of your buddies aware that I would like for them to be registered by Thursday the 16th. Do not plan to take any walk ups on the morning of the match. Weather permitting, we are supposed to be getting a new 40′ X 26′ metal shed on Friday. Had hoped to pour a little more concrete before the building got here but that did not happen. We have put up the fourth target and bought new scorers tablets so things are improving. Fed Ex delivered 6 new mats today, making 8 total so you the good shooter should only need to bring yourself, gun, rest, and ammo. Reese Bottom should furnish the rest of what is needed. I will have drinks and plan to cook Conecuh hot dogs for lunch. Please pass the word and hope to see at least 24 of you on the 18th. WWE

Kipp Charlton
      Participant

F-open 6.5 creedmoor

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

F open with 6.5 creedmoor.

Jessie Smith
      Participant

If you can let me know shortly I can shoot f open or ftr just so I know which one to load for

Michael Claunch
      Participant

FTR. 308

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

We are one week out and it appears that we have 12 of the 24 spots taken. If you know of anyone that does not frequent the website, please remind them to call and get signed up. I hope to close the registration next Thursday night. It looks like both divisions will be well represented so Sonny, you can shoot in the open division. Is your 6.5 a 47 or creedmore? Surrell, you and Jessie can choose which division you had rather shoot in, just list the caliber.

The folks from North Carolina did not show today with the building but I am hoping to hear from them tomorrow morning. All registered shooters are listed above. WWE

Kipp Charlton
      Participant

Mr. Wynne please remove my name from the list. I can’t get anyone to cover for me at work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Kip, hate you are going to miss the match. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Rain or Shine, the mail must be delivered. Well, we are making a mess but if it will ever dry up I will straighten things back up. Anyway, can you say 26′ deep by 40′ wide. If we can get a little more concrete under the edges it should be nice. WWE

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Wow!!! This is going be so nice.
      Thank you for all that you do so people like me can come and enjoy not only the shooting but the fellowship with a group of great guys
      Jrs

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Reese Bottom has a new roof!! WWE

Larry Linneman
      Participant

Sorry will didn’t know about this until to late will be down in blakely ga. Shooting elr .please p o.j st up the next fclass msg h so I can plan been over a yr since I shot it

Jessie Smith
      Participant

6.5×47 f open

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Like the new roof. I will not be able to attend Sat.😩😩 Johnny Pace is coming and will be shooting 6.5×47 open bench. Jimmy is in California believe it or not. Lol and can’t attend. I’ll get the bench there before Sat.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Tuesday night May 14th about 8 pm we have 15 registered shooters. Richard Allen and Johnny Pace have called in and want to shoot F Open from the bench. Would love to have at least 5 more good shooters to sigh up by Thursday night. WWE

Mr. Wynne I can shoot FTR with no problem.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

It is Thursday night about 8 pm and we have 15 registered shooters for the May mid range prone match. 9 are signed up for the Open division and 6 for FTR. I would take one more to square up the target situation. Try to be at Reese Bottom by 8 am so that we can get things in order and be shooting by 9 am. I will have drinks, food, targets, tablets, and mats so bring yourself, gun, ammo, and rests.

I intend to do one thing a little differently. I plan to split the ‘Gunny Pot’ into divisions. Most ‘X’s’ in each division. Seemed to be a pretty large gap in the last match or two. Maybe this will level the playing field a little.

Appears the weather is going to co operate. See you Saturday. WWE

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.