March Mid Range Prone Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room March Mid Range Prone Match

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Next Saturday, March 21st, is our first Mid Range Prone Match of 2015 sponsored by Britt Jones and Backwater Custom Rifles. The weather forecast is not very promising for the latter part of the week and 80% change on Saturday as of now. Either way it is going to be wet at Reese Bottom. We will shoot if at all possible and the forecast is very likely to change but if it were to be raining would you good shooters prefer to postpone a week or cancel the match. If the weather turns bad later in the week, please visit the forums to see if we have to announce any changes. I know that many of you good shooters have a problem posting on the forums, but for once will you please let me hear your comments.

Traveled to Birmingham yesterday and shot with the fellows at Steel City. They sure give nice medallions to the winners.

Not going to post any phone numbers here, but if anyone has a question about the upcoming event shoot me a personal message or call Britt or myself. Shoot ‘um in a knot. WWE

Attachments:
      Brad Mitchell
      Participant

Looks like they have dropped it to 30% chance mainly in the afternoon now.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Did you bring that medallion home with you? If so congrats! Looks like the weather is going to be pretty wet for a few days prior to Sat. My map also gives a high percentage for Sat. May have to postpone a week.

Thomas L. Webb
      Participant

GREAT SHOOTING WYNNE!!!
      Not being among the good shooters I will go with what you want to do.
      I will be out of town next weekend.
      Thomas

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

Congratulations on the 500 Yd. small group agg. Inquiring minds want to know, how small was it. Seems that you have a shooter there. What was the load ?

Dave

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

To New York from west central Alabama, I was told that shooters never tell all they know. lol. The truth is berger 105 vld jammed .014 to .015, cci 450 primers, lapua brass, 33 gn. varget running the best I can tell 3000 to 3010 fps. Steel City shoots 4 five shot targets at 520 yards and oh yeah I happen to have a copy of the light gun agg results. Hope all is well with you. WWE

click to enlarge

Attachments:
      Brad Mitchell
      Participant

I keep seeing cloudy with occasional rain in the afternoon. This will be the only weekend I can shoot for a while. I’ve got the itch, hadn’t shot in 4 months. However, I understand if it’s too wet also, no need in making a mess.

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

Conratulations, that is spectacular shooting, you have a real shooter there. I see Darrel Jones was shooting there as well; I just sent him some new Lapua brass to make into Dasher brass. Keep up the great shooting. You are certainly setting the bar high, I will have to really work at trying to keep up with those aggs.

Dave

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Dave, Darrell Jones is actually the match director at Steel City and does an outstanding job keeping us knuckleheads in line. I read a thread on another website where a bunch of good shooters were really bragging on the great job he does forming brass. I’m sure you will be very satisfied. My only concern would be that if he forms that brass here in Alabama that the curvature of the earth might make it lopsided at the PA 1000 Yard Club. And then, maybe not. I will be glad when the snow thaws so you and Gardner can get to the range. Sure is nice shooting down south. We are hopeful of catching a break from the rain because we have a Mid Range Prone Match scheduled at Reese Bottom on Saturday. Load ‘um up and plan to shoot ‘um small. WWE

Sam Entrican
      Participant

How about it fellas, we shooting Saturday? Need to know whether to load some ammo or not.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.