March at Reese Bottom

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room March at Reese Bottom

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I am starting this topic because of the uncertainty of the weather. I have had four regulars call to say they were not shooting so is anyone planning to attend. It is supposed to rain during the night and has drizzled all afternoon. If anything changes, I will try to post on here before 5:30 am tomorrow or you can call me by 6:00 am at
      334-654-2462. I will check by and chat more later tonight. WWE

Michael Claunch
      Participant

Will check back in the morning.

brett collins
      Participant

rain rain go away I have the truck loaded and Jeff and i are ready to be on the way

Richard Slaton
      Participant

I’m coming got some ammo I need to unload

Larry Linneman
      Participant

We are going to have to pass Mr. Wynn with the weather and the time we need to leave to go there we would already be on the road not knowing if it was on or not.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I guess we will see how accurate the weather channel is with their forecasting. As of
      9 pm, we have not had a lot of rain but they are calling for rain just before daylight. I will try to get up around 5 am and make a call. If you remember, last year it rained on the Friday before the match like 4 or 5 months in a row. Maybe we will catch a break, maybe not. Either way, I don’t think we will have a very big group. Too many have already said they were not coming. WWE

Brent
      Participant

I will not be able to make, trying to get mine tuned up.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Shooters, I just received texts from two other shooters not coming so I am going to go ahead and call the March match scheduled tomorrow at Reese Bottom. From those that I have heard from, the most we could end up with would be six to ten shooters. If you know of anyone planning to attend, please give them a call or text to save them the trip. Also, let’s go ahead and plan to shoot this planned match next month instead of shooting from the benches. We can talk more about it in the next few days. Sorry, WWE

I say we put on the Rubber Boots and SHOOT……

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

As it turns out, Surrell’s suggestion would have worked. After the last four or five years at Reese Bottom, many of you have noticed that my shooting is not very accurate. After yesterday, you now know that I am not good at weather forecasting either. To those of you that had planned to attend, I apologize. It never rained. When I made the call Friday night the Weather Channel app showed 80% at 8 am and when I got up Saturday morning that same app was showing a 5% chance. Oh well, we will live with it. If any of you have an idea for a better means of communication, all suggestions will be considered. Mr. Richard Allen showed up and spent the morning working on loads and shooting so all was not lost. We will plan to shoot this match on the third Saturday in April. Again, I am sorry. WWE

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.