July 2020 at Reese Bottom

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room July 2020 at Reese Bottom

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I’ll begin by wishing everyone a safe, fun July 4th. How many of you knew that our nation’s day of Independence was actually July 2nd? Supposedly we let the British know that we were declaring our Independence on July 4th. Your daily history lesson.

Now for the notice of the upcoming shoot on Saturday July 18, 2020. Another first I’ll have you know. 1000 Yards. That’s right the first ever match shot at 1000 yards held at Reese Bottom. This will be a 20 record shot, plus foulers, shot from the benches. All at 1000 yards and both scored and measured by the Shotmarker E-Target System. We will divide the rifles into the same three divisions. $25 entry, food, drinks, “Gunny Pot”, etc. Hopefully we will be shooting by 9 am but things might be a little delayed. I am asking that all participants be prepared to go to 1000 yards. If a good shooter is not sure, if you will get me your honest muzzle velocity and bullet type and zero distance, I will be responsible for getting you inside the six foot square at 1000 yards. If you would like to shoot and do not know for sure these three numbers maybe we can setup before the match begins and establish a 100 yard zero. I will furnish the Labradar and all you would have to know is the bullet type and weight. I have been looking forward to this for a while now. Should be interesting.

Let’s register our attendance here in this topic. Please sign up before Thursday July 16, 2020 at 7 pm. Name, caliber, rest. Would also like to know those that will need to establish a zero. Must register to shoot, WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Wynne Echols, 6mmDasher, Mechanical Rest

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I forgot to mention. Once the divisions determined, I will announce the order that the divisions will shoot. The match will be 4/5 shot record targets and the shooter will shoot all four targets at one sitting. Please post your comments and questions here in this topic. WWE

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Richard Slaton open bipod 6BrX
      #1KBucketListThing

brett collins
      Participant

284 mechanical.from a wooden bench please.

brett collins
      Participant

mark harrell 6.5×47 mechanical
      johnny pace 6.5×47 bipod

brett collins
      Participant

jimmy roney 6br Mechanical

scott parten
      Participant

Scott Parten, .308 win, bipod

Master Sniper will be shooting his 308 off the bipod……

Bryan Pansing
      Participant

Bryan Pansing, 6.5×47, bipod

Danny Gray
      Participant

danny gray open bi pod dedwin

g27t@gmail.com albert pitchford. open bipod. scott williams 308 bipod

Danny Gray
      Participant
      Danny Gray
      Participant

dedwing27t@gmail.com open bipod 6bra

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Danny Gray.
      Chase Morgan
      Participant

Chase Morgan, 308,bipod

Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

Kenneth Thomas 308 off the bipod

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

Best of luck for the first 1,000 yd shoot.

Dave

Buddy Webb
      Participant

Buddy webb is in. So is Jennifer booker. She is prepped and I as well. I’ll be shooting a 6.5×47 and Jennifer will be shooting a 6 Br. Hope you boys are ready. We coming for this show down!!!! Looking for buttons baby!!!!!

Steve Gilley
      Participant

I’m in. Shooting 6brx in open division

Jessie Smith
      Participant

308 bipod

mike boykin
      Participant

308 bipod

Steve Gilley
      Participant

DeWayne Smith 6.5 Creed Bipod
      Jake Smith 6.5 Creed Bipod

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

I’ll be there. Will shoot my.308 off bipod.

Ron Williams
      Participant

Ron 6dasher open

Kipp Charlton 6.5cm bipod

Looks like we are going to have good attendance for this 1000 yard match.

I wish we could this amount of shooters at matches in the future.
      Or maybe we should shoot the 1000 more often.

Johnnie Jones Jr
      Participant

Johnnie Jones Sr and myself will be there. Both shooting 260 off bipod.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, it is finally shoot week. Richard Allen called and will be shooting his 6.5 X 47 in the mechanical division. Looks like we will have a good crowd. I hope everyone comes prepared for the 1000 yards. So far, no one has mentioned needing any help with their scope dope. It has rained here everyday this week and I have gotten behind on some of my pre match chores. Maybe it will dry up some during the week. If you know of others, please remind them to register by Thursday night. I would also like to know by then if you plan to not attend. I assume that Gilley and Williams “Open” is the mechanical division and not the open bi pod. Correct me if I am wrong. Now is the time to make special request. Please do not spring any surprises on me the morning of the shoot. We will need some help pulling this off so plan to help where needed. Should be a fun and interesting day. Any questions or comments, please post them here. I’m looking even when I am not posting. WWE

Danny Gray
      Participant

scott williams will not be attending

brett collins
      Participant

mr. wynne if possible I would like to shoot from a wooden bench.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Yes mechanical for me. We played some this morning at 1000. Was not happy with my brx. It shoots great at 600 and has vertial at 1000.?? Will test more this week

mike boykin
      Participant

My friend brad armistead wants to shoot 6.5 creedmoor on a bipod.

John Sanders
      Participant

I will volunteer too cook in order to keep the match flowing. Mr Wynne could you call me at +12055343411 at your convenience.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

As of Tuesday night we have 27 good shooters signed up. Should be an interesting day for everyone. Please come prepared to stay a while, not sure how quickly things will go. Remember, this is a first. There is a little info missing. Ron W., Buddy W., and Jennifer, what type front rest are you shooting on? Albert Pitchford, what caliber rifle are you shooting? I have still not had a request from anyone needind help with their scope dope. Please come prepared and remember if the third consecutive bullet does not register within the sensors, the rifle will have to be taken down. Have had an offer for something different for lunch and if Steve Gilley will answer his phone maybe some good deer sausage for breakfast. Load them up and come enjoy yourself. WWE

Danny Gray
      Participant

a pitchford 6bra bipod

Ron Lewis
      Participant

Ron Lewis 300 Win Mag open Mechanical
      Ronald Lewis 6mm Dasher open Mechanical
      Chance Crocker 308 Win Bipod

Ron good to see y’all coming. Has Ronald grown any more? Looks like we going to be a little crowded come Saturday ++++ a lot of fun and the smell of burnt powder in the air.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Milton Jordan has called and wants in. That is 31. I will take one more, two if you beg. Please bring your patience. WWE

Milton Jordan
      Participant

Milton Jordan
      280 Ack Open Bipod
      Look fwd to seeing a lot of old friends and making new ones

Richard Slaton
      Participant

This is shaping up to be a two Cobbler match or at least one cobbler and maybe cookies. The old Gunny pot starting to swell for one good shooter. I’m going to have the pucker factor until that 1st shot registers on the screen.
      Saturday going to be a fun day!

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Sonny Korner has texted to let me know that he will be shooting .284 in the mechanical division. That makes thirty two and that is enough. WE ARE FULL. Eight relays of four good shooters. We have a very good split with good groups of shooters in all three divisions. The Open Bi-Pod division has the most good shooters with 14 signed up. We have 8 shooters signed up to shoot .308s and they will go first. Mechanical will shoot second and the Open Bi Pods last. If you are shooting in the Open Bi Pod class and want to come in a little later, that will be fine. Never had close to this many before, so come to enjoy yourself, socialize, but be patient please. WWE

my cell number is 334-654-2462 if you need me.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Mike Boykin just called and said that he has a shop fan and a generator that will pull two fans if anyone has one that they think will work. Please come prepared for a very hot day and plan to stay hydrated. It is setting up to be a long day. Again, if you are shooting in the Open Bi Pod division and want to come a little later, plan to show up for lunch. We have eight good .308 shooters that will shoot first and then the ten mechanical shooters will shoot. That should get us close to lunch time. Not sure how things will work out, but maybe we can have the .308 ceremony after their scores get tallied up and they can leave if need be. Same with the mechanical division. Lots of things to be learned on Saturday, so bare with me. I knew the day would come when everyone would show up on the same day. Well this is it. {32} WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Friday morning thoughts. Mike Boykin has offered electricity, he still needs a fan. If you are shooting in the .308 division, please arrive on time so that we might get an early start. With that being said, if you arrive later in the morning, please do not drive too close to the firing line and please, everyone, do your coming and going from behind the line. Plans are to pay two places to the .308s with a $40 Gunny Pot. The Mechanical division will pay three places with a $50 Gunny Pot. The Open Bi Pod division will pay four places with a $70 Gunny Pot. $25 gets you in the gate and feed. Still have plenty of nice T-shirts that need a home.[$15] Safe travels to all and come expecting a fun, social, hot day. Who will wear the helmet and who will hold the trophy? 1000 Yards Baby! WWE

I am somewhat surprised that no one has asked for help. Just remember going in that if three consecutive bullets do not register on the target, the rifle will be DQed.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Wynne Echols.
      Richard Slaton
      Participant

I have a box fan I will bring
      Mr. Wynne everything will flow just fine. You come prepaid to shoot We got this ☕️

Looks like the Jones is not going to make it in the morning.

Surrell Franklin Little John started running a low grade of fever today and I was with him yesterday so we are not coming. Hate I’m missing. Never shot a 1000 before. Good luck to y’all.

THIS POST IS SAYING Johnnie Jones and Johnnie Jones Jr will not be coming.

BUT I’LL BE THERE!!!!!!

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.