Fun Morning at the Range

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Fun Morning at the Range

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I was wondering if several of you good shooters might be interested in getting together this coming Saturday April 6 and setting up the three e-targets and trying to get familiar with things. If so, please respond below. I’ll make the call once I see if there is any interest. Would be nothing formal, just sending a few down range. WWE

Michael Claunch
      Participant

I should be available to help

Daryl White
      Participant

Wynne, I’d like to send a few rounds down range Saturday morning – weather permitting! Hoping my groups tighten up on the 308. I just installed the jewel trigger on my Remington PCR 6.5 CM. Setting up the tolerances on the dies and working up a load.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you still have room I would love to fire off a few rounds

brett collins
      Participant

can i play

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I am not limiting this at all. We will work our way around things and learn as we go. Richard Allen said he is coming. If the weather were to be bad we could postpone maybe a week but we will wait and see. WWE

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Spent the morning trying to become more familiar with the task ahead. You know me, I like to take pictures. Click to enlarge. WWE

Michael Claunch
      Participant

Thank you for letting me help. Guys, Wynne shot a group at 600 and the measurement from shotmarker matches the result on paper. Gives you a lot of instant feedback. Besides shot placement, your FPS at the target is displayed too! We still need a few more shooters for the third weekend. I got to shoot a few rounds and mine are getting there around 1900 fps.

Michael Claunch
      Participant

If you notice the target is high in the frame, but for a reason. By aiming at the physical target and dropping your 600 yard dope 1 1/2 to 2 mils you will center your hits on the virtual target shown on the tablet you see at the firing line.
      Nothing new here, back when I shot m14’s I used the 6 o’clock hold. In other words, I was placing the tip of the front sight at the bottom of the target and to make my hits on the x ring, it required 3 more clicks of elevation.
      With good 600 yard dope and a couple of sighters, you will be there.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Somewhere in one of the topics above, I asked that if you had never shot an F Class prone match to give me a break and plan to come as an observer. Not trying to leave anyone out, I had this thought. We are planning to have a fun day of shooting before the April match and anyone that is interested in shooting the April match but has never shot a prone match, if they will attend the fun or practice day, we can teach you what little we know but get you ready for the match. So plan to show up and familiarize yourself with this type of shooting.

PS. We need shooters. Have not had anyone to register in a couple of days. Please help me get the word out. As of Tuesday morning, I have eight registered shooters. Planning for a great match. WWE

brett collins
      Participant

At what time will the fun commence?

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I will try to get to Reese Bottom by 8 am. Will take a little while to get things set up. Anyone that wants to see it all put together, please arrive shortly after 8 am. I was thinking about putting up a couple of F=Class targets and maybe one IBS Bench Rest target, but we can do whatever you shooters want. Please watch the forum if we have to make a weather call. WWE

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.