December 2019 Fun Day

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room December 2019 Fun Day

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

It is now Tuesday December 3rd and I am going to go ahead and announce the fun day at Reese Bottom that we had talked about. Suze and I hope that all of you had a happy Thanksgiving with your family as we did. We all ate too much. Let’s plan to get together on Saturday December 21st around 9 am or so and do some 1000 yard shooting. Plans are to have an official F Class target and a separate official IBS 1000 yard bench rest target up also. I think that I have a way of running them at the same time without having to change things around. I have a spare Shotmarker access point that we can change the frequency on and run them at the same timeThe good shooters will have an opportunity to shoot both during the day. Please feel free to bring guest but I do not want anyone to show up and plan to do any ‘hold over’ shooting with stuff not capable of shooting that far. I plan to have the Labradar if anyone needs help with a 1000 yard dope. I plan to fry fish for lunch so I would like for you to let me know who all is coming. Would help to know by sometime Thursday December 19th. I realize that this is getting close to Christmas for some but all that I can say is that if you have other obligations, I am sorry. Also, we are 18 days out with the weather. With the rocky road, wet should not matter but if it is to be cold and real gusty, I say we postpone until a later day. Keep up with me right here and if anything changes I will post it here. Hopefully we will know something by the 19th. Hope that the event is a go and look forward to seeing many of you on the 21st. WWE

brett collins
      Participant

MR.WYNNE i will be there with my 284 if it’s not bad cold.

brett collins
      Participant

JOHNNY PACE will be there

Richard Slaton
      Participant

I plan to be there I may bring two guns both with cold temp loads 😎

Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

Mr. Wynne, I plan to be there with my trusty old FTR 308. I will also be able to stand in as the photographer if my good ol buddy Surell didn’t get me fired. Had a good Thanksgiving with all the family, and gained a pound or two, prone may be a task this coming shoot lol. I have invited guest but have no commitment on how many will show. Will try and confirmed by Thursday.

I plan on being there and Skyelor will tend to the heater.

scott parten
      Participant

Mr. Wynne, I would like to shoot with the group. I will have two non shooting guests with me.

6BR for me

SP

Johnnie Jones Jr
      Participant

Mr Wynne Johnnie Sr and myself plan to attend as long as weather permits and conditions are ok. I had Achilles Tendon repair surgery and I’m in a cast and on crutches right now. Will let you know for sure by that Thursday.

Ron Lewis
      Participant

Great seeing you Friday. I found my glasses and plan to come if at all possible with Bobby Howerton. Looks like the weather is going to accommodate us based on the current 10 day window.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

I plan on coming. Is there anything I can bring to help?

Michael Claunch
      Participant

I plan on being there.

Johnnie Jones Jr
      Participant

Mr Wynne, My father and myself will not be able to make it Saturday, I hope y’all have a great time and I guess we will see y’all next year some time. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year.

Kipp Charlton
      Participant

I plan on being there.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, it is Thursday December 19 and all is good. At this time I have no idea what the weather is going to do on Saturday. We have approx. a dozen shooters say that they are interested and I have invited several guest so I say let’s give it a go. The weather channel says that there is a good chance for rain but they also mention a 1/4 inch total. I do not want to put up the electronics if it is raining so use your judgement before you travel. I usually get up around 6 am if anyone wants to call. cell # 334-654-2462. For those coming let’s plan on meeting around 9 am. I plan to fry fish for lunch so if something happens we can BS until lunch, eat and go to the house. If anyone is not sure about a 1000 yard dope, please be honest and let’s create a velocity and 100 yard zero. That way with the use of a ballistics program we should be able to get within the 6′ X 6′ square fairly quickly. Once these numbers are established, please write them down as the will come in handy during the upcoming year. Please load a few extras so if any of the guest would like to shoot, they can. Hope to see many of you on Saturday. WWE

Michael Claunch
      Participant

see you there

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Me and cobbler in route

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Come on. At 7:30 it is misting a little. Will be a nasty day but I plan to put up a target and we should be able to shoot some. WWE

Michael Claunch
      Participant

bringing a small propane heater

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.