Back up and running

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Back up and running

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Been missing the forum for the last couple of months. Hope you guys will be checking in often and posting your thoughts.
      Keeping my fingers crossed that I may have lucked up and finally found a load for my 6.5X47. I was almost ready to toss it and start over, but I found some good help at REESE Bottom that kept encouraging me not to give up. I guess I got spoiled with the ease of setting up Ad’s 6mmBR and my .223 that I just didn’t dedicate myself quite enough to a gun that had a little more difficulty. I still have to validate my success a couple of more times before I feel comfortable, but things are looking up.

What have you guys been up to? Any shooting?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Glad to see the forum back up. Enjoyed shooting last weekend with Dan and Wynne at Pascagoula range. It was a practice match so we were able to offer advice to shooter before shot was taken and I think we learned something, but again every range is different! Will see everyone at the June match.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Pascagoula was a beast. Never had shot in wind like that at Reese Bottom. The match director allowed Dan, Steve, and myself to discuss each shot and the results were pretty amazing. On several shots, we held the .223 on the outside black ring to get a #10; at least a 2.5 to 3 moa hold. Had a fun time shooting with the guys down in south MS. and would suggest that if you get the opportunity, give them a visit. WWE

MR Wynne are there any way these other Matches could be posted on the Reese Bottom site I may be able to shoot of them?

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

Glad to see the forum back up. I enjoy seeing how you are doing down at the Reese Bottom, will we see you in PA for the World Open this year ?

Still searching for a good load in PA.

Dave

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Dave, I am planning to shoot the Open this year. The wife and I are planning to make a 10 day trip out of this. See you there. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Sure glad that the forum is up and running!

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

That is great. I will be looking forward to seeing you and Suze. I will really have to work to get the Dasher shooting.

See you soon.

Dave

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Dave, I will be traveling with two dashers. If you get your dasher working, please let me in on the secret. Hope to see you soon, WWE

Brad Mitchell
      Participant

Glad to see the forum back up and a few fella’s posting.

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

I understand you have your Dasher’s working pretty well. I changed barrels prior to Saturday’s and I think I am at least heading in the right direction. I look forward to enjoying you company again at the Open.

Dave

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Dave, if all goes well, I will be traveling with 2 dashers. Lot of work to do before I come that way. I actually bushhogged the 1000 yards today. What is the new barrel? Looking forward to shooting with you fellows. The wife is turning this into about a ten day trip. WWE

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne, it is not really a new barrel, it is the Brux Britt chambered for me last year. I shot it the last 4 or 5 matches. I took the Bartlein off as I was getting flyers.Sounds as though you should have a nice trip.

Dave

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.