August 2019 at Reese Bottom

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room August 2019 at Reese Bottom

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

On Saturday August 17, 2019 Reese Bottom will host a mid range F-Class match. The match will consist of 3 X 20 X 600 all scored by the Shotmarker E-Target system. We will cook up a little something for both breakfast and lunch. I also have enough mats so load up your shooting stuff and come on. We will have two divisions, F-Open and FTR. Who will wear the helmet and hold the trophy? I am asking all good shooters to please register by Thursday night, Aug. 15 at 7 pm. Name, caliber, and bench. This will allow me to get a leg up. Please register in this topic. Richard Allen says he is shooting Open but to not let that scare you off and please be advised that the .223 has a new 6.5 twist Brux barrel and is in load development with Sierra 90 grain bullets. Please register in this topic. Hope to see many of you good shooters on the 17th. WWE

brett collins
      Participant

brett collins f-open 6BR

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Richard Slaton. F open 6 BrX

308 FTR for me.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Steve Gilley Open 6brx
      Johnny Pace. Open 6.5×47 Bench

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Michael Claunch and I spent the morning shooting at Reese Bottom. We determined that the new shed creates shade but it is not an air conditioner. I was trying to work up a load for the new Brux 6.5 twist 30″, 1.25″ straight .223 barrel. The first lesson learned was that at no time will scales be allowed at Reese Bottom. Probably would take a rasp and cutting torch to make legal weight. Anyway it has been approved to shoot by the Reese Bottom board of directors. This will be the first prone match on the new concrete pad. A couple of things that I did notice. The pad is pretty level so the front rest is going to have to produce some tilt. I actually put some rubber pads under the rest this morning and it worked okay. I would also try to bring something to cushion the blow when the brass is ejected. The concrete will have a tendency to ding the brass. And if you are like me and shoot with everything forward of the mat you might think about something to cushion your elbows. The concrete really allows for a very solid set up. Please help me get word to everyone that I am asking all shooters to register by Thursday the 15th at 7 pm. Looking forward to seeing many of you good shooters on the 17th. WWE

mike boykin
      Participant

308 FTR thank’s mr wynne

Michael Claunch
      Participant

.308 FTR

scott parten
      Participant

F-Open 6BR for me please sir

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

I’ll be shooting my new .308 in FTR off bipod. Thanks

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Crossed paths with Don Lewis this morning at Reese Bottom. He was telling me that Doug Pugh has been helping him tighten up the old .308. I have decided on a load for the new Brux barrel on the .223. The barrel is a 1 X 6.5 twist 30″ long 1.25″ straight. It is a hulk of stainless but seems to set up well. Settled on lapua brass, 24.5 gn Varget, wolf primers and 90 gn Sierra’s jumped .010 from what I have determined to be the land. I ran a mandrel in the case mouth of the new brass and the neck tension lessoned quite a bit. The tight necks were running right at 2800 fps but this morning the thing shot well at 2770 fps. From everything you read, there is a node, maybe two, above this but they are ruff on the brass. I am a lobber anyway.

Couple of things to plan for. If the temps stay as they are, it will be hot, so plan to stay hydrated. The new concrete pad is rough on the elbows so either plan to keep them on the mat or bring a towel or door mat or something to cushion the elbows.

If you talk to anyone that is planning to shoot, please remind them that I am asking all good shooters to register. Hope to see you Saturday. WWE

Jessie Smith
      Participant

308 FTR off of bipod thank you

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Jessie Smith.
      Doug Pugh
      Participant

I plan to be there this time with my 308.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Jimmy Davis 308 Bipod

Daryl White
      Participant

Daryl White 308 FTR Bipod

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mr. Wynne, Kenneth Thomas and don Lewis would like to shoot 308 FTR, thanks.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

The registration deadline is here and we have 17 good shooters. 11 TR and 6 Open. I would take 3 more to even things at 20 if you know anyone interested. Thanks to all of you that signed up. Look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday. I will have some food and drinks. Dress cool and wear plenty padding. WWE

Sonny Korner
      Participant

Sonny would like to shoot F Open 284

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Sonny, you are in. Need two more. We have 3 good shooters planning to shoot from the benches so if anyone is out there and cannot shoot prone join the bench guys. WWE

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.