April Mid Range Prone Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room April Mid Range Prone Match

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Things are coming together that should allow us to be able to shoot the April Mid Range Prone Match using the new Shotmarker E-Targets. Here is the kicker: all the unknowns of this being the first match using the e-targets. That being said, plans are to limit the number of shooters allowed to shoot this match. It will be a fairly generous number but limited so if you are interested tune in Sunday evening for the announcement and reserve your spot. If you are a regular visitor you should have a leg up on those who are not and I would not spread the word until I got in. Look to hear more from me by Sunday night. Would love to hear your comments on this. WWE

Sonny Korner
      Participant

Sonny would like to participate if possible, thanks.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Sonny, We will be announcing Sunday night sometime what we will be doing in April. So stay tuned. I hope that you get in but let me remind you that we only shoot one rifle per person when we shoot our prone matches. We hope that you like your new avatar. Not that it really matters, but do you shoot prone or do you shoot a prone match from a bench?

I’ll throw this teaser out there about the April match. We plan to limit the number of shooters and if possible we want the same number of open and tr shooters. WWE

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Wynne Echols.
          Sonny Korner
          Participant

Wynne, I generally shoot a higher score prone than bench and there’s a open and TR rifle in my truck, the new avatar is good thanks for the help, I went to the Shotmarker website to read up on the reference manual.TKSX

Wynne Echols
            Keymaster

Sonny, a fellow with an open and a tr rifle is going to have a leg up on some that shoot at Reese Bottom. Options that is. You will better understand when we make the announcement tomorrow night. Thanks for becoming a part of our operation. WWE

Daryl White
      Participant

Enjoyed the March Match! Tried out a Sinclair bi-pod for the first time.
      Just extended the O.A.L. of my 308 rounds 0.050. from the factory specs of 2.800 – to 2.850. Groups seem to tighten up nicely – won’t know for certain until streached out?
      Been working on my Remington 700 PCR in 6.5 Creedmore. Breaking it in with factory ammo. Not nearly where it needs to be! Got to get dies, a jewel trigger, a good bi-pod, and work up a load for it! “Fun Rifle”!

Steve Gilley
      Participant

I’ll be checking Sunday night. Need to get back to Reese Bottom. Been awful busy lately. Had about 20 deputies here today to qualify on pistols and patrol rifle. Got State Trooper SWAT doing a 90 hr course and will be here on Sunday and Thursday. Helicopters, hostage negotiations, and building breach on a house I don’t need. Aireal search at night using thermal!! 😊💀💀

brett collins
      Participant

i will be watching this.and i have open and ftr rifles so maybe i will get lucky.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

My hope is that many of you have visited the Shotmarker webpage and developed a little understanding of what lies ahead. One issue that the system does not address yet is a method to name a division winner so here is a short explanation. The system does have a score sheet and it will track all sighters and the 20 record rounds. The target will then be saved so that the target is cleared for the next shooter. Plans are for each shooter to have a scorer and before the scorecard is saved and cleared all scores be transferred to the paper score sheet just like we have used in the past. We will take the score sheets up from time to time and enter the results into the same computer program that we have always used. This should allow us to crown a champion shooter in each division just as we have in the past.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I hope that each of you good shooters have already noticed the photo of the target stands posted on the home page. The frame holding the four sensors is 4′ X 4′. We have purchased sheets of white plastic cardboard and have attached an official NRA 600 yard F Class target. I’ll try to get a photo posted next week to let you know what to expect. Please be advised that each target stand will have a $500 sensor attached to the top right corner so if in doubt, aim low left. Hope that all are getting as excited as I am. WWE

brett collins
      Participant

MR. wynne Will shooters need to bring a i pad or tablet to use as a monitor ?

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Brett, each target has its own tablet. People can log onto the network with a mobile device for viewing, but to begin with we will ask the shooters and scorers to use our tablets. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

My hope is that all of you good shooters have a verified 600 yard elevation number. If not I would like to help come up with a number. All I need is the type bullet you will be shooting and your muzzle velocity. With those two things I think that I can get you on the target and away from the sensors. For those with good numbers remember the virtual ‘X’ will be about 2 moa below the ‘X’ on the actual target or your point of aim.

This can be done here in the open forum or you can send me a private message. Click on my avatar to the right and you should be able to figure out how to send the message. It actually comes as an email also. WWE

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      Richard Slaton
      Participant

Well I hate I’m going to miss the 1st ever Electronic target shoot at Reese Botton. My grandson’s 3 year old birthday party is that Sat. And Papa better not miss that
      Jrs

Michael Claunch
      Participant

Wynne, Tell the guys if for some reason the private message options does not come up when right clicking on someone’s avatar, you may need to log back on even if your avatar is showing up in the on-line window. Not sure what happened, but logging back in again will fix the problem. Headed to church in a minute, hope this helps.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Thanks for the info. I too am still learning. WWE

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.