2020, Here We Come !!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room 2020, Here We Come !!

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

On Saturday February 15, 2020 Reese Bottom will host the first match of the 2020 shooting season. The match will be four/five shot targets all shot at 600 yards and be score and sized by the Shotmarker E-Target system. It will be a bench rest match and the shooters will go to the benches two times and shoot two targets each trip. The rifles will be divided as they always have into three divisions and small prizes will be given in each division for the smallest group on the first three targets. Target four will be the ‘Gunny Pot’. Entry fee this year will be $25 each match and please try to arrive by 8 am so that we can hopefully be shooting by 9 am. We will plan to have the coffee pot each month and serve sausage and biscuits for breakfast and close to a five course meal for lunch. Planning on doing a couple of things a little differently this time to see how it works. I have bought a new clock and plan to time everything. Three consecutive shots not registered by the target DQ’s the rifle for the day. Please come prepared to compete. The two bi-pod divisions will be determined by high score only and the shooter can look at the screen the whole time. We will capture and record group sizes as always and in the case of ties the small group will break the tie. This should be similar to our 600 yard prone matches, only shot at a much smaller target.

Not sure about the weather at this time but I am sure it will be at least wet. If you are traveling in a four wheel drive, please park off the rocks so that the two wheel drivers hopefully will not get stuck. The rocks are disappearing rapidly.

Please register your attendance here by Thursday night February 13 at 7 pm.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I ran out of room. I forgot to mention the mechanical division will use both group and score to determine winner and the tablet will be removed while the shooter is going for record.

I need name, caliber, and rest type when you register.

Please help me pass the word as we have a few regulars that do not internet.

my cell number is 334-654-2462 if anyone needs to call.

Wynne Echols, 6mm Dasher, Mechanical Rest

brett collins
      Participant

brett collins
      6br
      mechanical

brett collins
      Participant

johnny pace
      6.5-47
      Bipod

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Richard Slaton
      6 BrX
      Bipod

Surrell 308 bipod.

Ron Lewis
      Participant

Ron Lewis. “KingSnake”
      Mechanical
      6.5×284 Win

Ronald T Lewis “Big Boy”
      Mechanical
      6mm Dasher

Bobby Howerton “Sapper”
      Mechanical
      6mm Dasher

Little Bobby Howerton “Little Bee”
      Bipod
      308Win

Chance Crocker “Bubba”
      Bipod
      308 Win

Ron Williams
      Participant

Ron Williams
      Mech
      6dasher

Kipp Charlton
      6.5cm
      Bipod

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Steve Gilley, 6 BRX, mechanical

Rirhard Allen, 6mm BR, mechanical

Ted Blakeney, 6.5 Cr, Bi-Pod

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Wynne Echols.
      • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Wynne Echols.
      Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

Hello Mr. Wynne, Kenneth Thomas,I’m shooting 308 FTR off the bipod. See y’all there.

Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

Mr. Wynne Maurice Fitch wants to shoot a 6.5 PRC of a bipod

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Steve Gilley. DeWayne Smith, bipod,
      6.5 Creed.

Jake Smith, bipod,
      6.5 Creed.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Steve Gilley. Jimmy Davis will not be able to attend. He has been very sick since Thanksgiving and has been in and out of ICU. He is getting better but has drainage tube in his stomach and a pick line taking lots of antibiotics. Mention him in your prayers please.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Here is the deal so please bare with me. For several years now I have been pleading for more shooters. Never before have we had such a response so quickly. Limited by only having four target, I believe that twenty four good shooters is the max. With that being the case, we only have five slots open still. If you have a spot secured and something comes up that you cannot attend, please, please come on here or call me and let me know that you cannot make the match. Would like to know by Thursday Feb. 13th at 7 pm so if anyone is waiting to get in I will have time to get in touch with them.

Also, I am planning to have coffee and sausage and biscuits for breakfast and a near five course meal for lunch plus drinks. If any of you want to bring something, you are sure welcome but please let me know. There is no need to show up with three dozen Krystal Burgers. Hope someone kills a deer and offers some deer sausage in the months to come.

From here, the next five get in. My cell # 334-654-2462 WWE

Jessie Smith
      Participant

308 bipod

Michael Claunch
      Participant

308 bipod

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Tuesday, 2-4-20, 10:00 am. There are three spots remaining. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Dennis Gray, 6mm BR, Mechanical

I’m sure many of you remember the ‘War Eagle’ rifle. Dennis said that it has not been shot in over five years.

Two spots remain. WWE

Daryl White
      Participant

Daryl white – 308 Bipod

scott parten
      Participant

Scott Parten 6br bipod if I’m not too late

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Scott, if my count is correct, you make the twenty four. With that being said, I am so proud of the enthusiasm for this match that I am getting back in at twenty five and will take up to three more making twenty eight. I never want anyone left out but I think everyone knows that with only four targets, we are somewhat limited. There was a recent article on Accurate Shooter titled “Where are all the Shooters”? Maybe they are all at Reese Bottom. Thanks for the support and now please go help me find three[3] more good shooters. If or when that happens we will have to cut things off. WWE

mike boykin
      Participant

Mike Boykin 308 bipod.

Phillip Boykin 308 bipod.
      If you still have slots.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Mike, you and Phillip are in making twenty seven[27] which leaves one[1] spot open. If anyone has a spot secured and something were to come up that you cannot make the match, please let me know as soon as you can in case there is someone out wanting to get in.

Also, we are going to need some help pulling this off. For sure we will need a cook or cooks, a camera operator, and a put up and take down crew. etc.

This is an outstanding start to our new shooting season. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Wow! This is a great response for you Wynn. I’m really proud of you and your shooters

Ron Williams
      Participant

Getting ready!

Al Barr
        Participant

Ron Williams, that’s a nice looking rig!

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Will see if Robbie will come. If not can I shoot another gun in bipod for the 28th shooter?

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Steve, not ready to go there just yet. If the slot is still available Thursday night February 13th at 7 pm, you can certainly have it. We have never had this good of a response before so I’m thinking that there are others that might be surprised when they eventually log in. We will wait and see. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Sonny Korner has claimed the last spot. 6mm, mechanical. We are taking no more shooters for this match unless someone cancels so if interested check by here often as I will post has soon as anything changes. I might could be convinced to surrender my spot. WWE

Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

Mr. Wynne, you can put me down for the camera man and help with the target crew. They may not like my cooking, lol.

Ron Williams
      Participant

I’m off all week Wynne if anything needs doing around the range. My wife said she would make a pan of homemade cinnamon rolls for sat morning too.

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Target crew and hope to bring some type of dessert

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Shoot week has finally arrived. We are expecting the largest crowd of good shooters that we have ever hosted. Thanks for all of the offers to help, but I do not know of anything that needs to be done before shoot day. Will need help during the match for sure. Again, if something comes up and you are not able to attend, please post it here before Thursday night. Look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday and don’t forget we are serving breakfast and lunch.

Just tallied up the final list of good shooters. We have an excellent split between the three divisions: 9 mechanical, 10 Open Bipod, and 9 FTR Bipods.

Rain predicted all week so it will be wet. Save the rocks for the two wheel drives. Hopefully Saturday will be okay. Looks promising right now so please stay tuned. WWE

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Wynne Echols.
      Tony Graham
      Participant

Wynne,
      Ive been slacking. I just saw this. Let me know if you can take one more mechanical? I’ve sent you a text.
      Tony

Ron Lewis
      Participant

Wynn
      There will only be 4 shooters in my group. My son Ronald T will not be able to come, I’m going to shoot his 6mm Dasher instead of my 6.5×284

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.