1st Day @ PA 1000 Yard

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room 1st Day @ PA 1000 Yard

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, here we go on the iPad. The first day’s results are in the books and unfortunately they count all ten bullets for group size, not nine. My first bullet this morning took a nine shot sub 7″ group to 13+ and I messed up the wind read for a 55 score. Things got better this afternoon in the ‘heavy gun’ class when I won my relay for score with a 97. The group was 8+. We will shoot 10 shot heavy in the morning and 10 shot light tomorrow afternoon. Nothing is posted yet on pa1000yard.com. Mr Robert McMichael from Waynesboro, Ms shot a very impressive ‘light gun’ target this morning(sub 5″, 100). Backwater Custom Rifles does a lot of his gun work. I have a picture of the target and will try to post it next week. I have taken lots of pictures of lots of interesting stuff and will post them next week. A guy had a homemade cannon and shot bowling balls 6 to 800 yards(interesting). Hope to see many of you good shooters next weekend at the midrange prone match. WWE

brett collins
      Participant

sounds like your having a good time. Give them heck MR wynne

Anonymous
      Inactive

Not bad shooting at 1000 yards! Maybe one of you southern guys will show them how to shoot on Sunday! Good Luck!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Keep up the good shooting, look forward to hearing the final for you. I’ll get JL to weed eating…lol

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Day 2 update:
      Heavy Gun = Farley Dasher = 9+ group & 90 score
      Light Gun = Panda Dasher = 6+ group & 97 score(both relay winners)
      Overall, won two relays. That’s about it.
      Hopefully the results will be posted later tonight on http://www.pa1000yard.com
      I took lots of photos and will tell more when I get home later in the week. I just pecked on this dumb iPad for 45 minutes and forgot to hit submit and lost everything. Met lots of interesting people and have a tale or two to tell. See you at Reese Bottom Saturday for the mid range prone match. WWE

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

Congratulations on the Day 2 Light Gun Relay win and once again thank you for the loan of the Dasher for my two gun relay.

It was great to see you.

Dave

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Fellows, I will try to explain what Dave is talking about. During Dave’s Sunday afternoon ‘light gun’ relay, after the fifth of ten shots, his gun would not fire. The rules state that he may finish his relay, no sighters, with another gun, time permitting. We had plenty of time and I had plenty of bullets so I ran and got the Panda Dasher, clean barrel, and bullets and Dave shot the last five off with my gun. We had to weigh both guns and when Dave got the target back he had a 13+ group and an 86 score, much better than DQ. I had cleaned the dasher good the evening before, but the last two swipes were with carburetor cleaner and the first shot hit somewhat between Dave’s group and the next four shots from my rifle, not completely destroying the group. Two days before with oil in the barrel, the first shot was five feet low on the bank(we got lucky). When the smoke cleared, Dave noticed that two primers had pierced and another shooter there suggested that a lot of times when that happens, something will break in the trigger. Suze and I are in Gettysburg tonight and plan to visit the park and museum tomorrow and then head towards Alabama. Don’t forget the mid range prone match this Saturday. WWE

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne described my adventure of the pierced primers well. Thanks to Wynne I was able to complete the relay. All in all it was a great weekend with lots of good shooters from all over . Robert McMichael from Mississippi was there and started the weekend off with a 4″ 100 . A heck of a start for a newcomer to Williamsport. There were a number of 100’s shot and a number of 4″, 5″ and 6″ groups shot. Wynne made a fabulous showing for Reese Bottom with the winning of two relays; way to go Wynne! It was a great weekend to renew old acquaintances and make new ones. Below is a link to the results of the World Open

http://www.pa1000yard.com/wo/choosewostandings.php

Congratulations to Micheal Chambers, Tom Murtiff and all the winners. Look forward to seeing everyone again next year !!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wynne, It was great to meet you at the world open in PA. I am enclosing the photo that I believe is the reason you won your relay! Great Shooting!!

talk to you soon

John

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

John, nice meeting you also. Suze and I arrived home safe and sound this afternoon. Approx. 2500 miles and 10 days. For some reason I did not see you take that photo. lol. Thanks for joining the forum. Give these country boys something to think about. WWE
        ps. I have lots of photos that I will get up within the next few days. Got to get ready for the mid range prone match on Saturday.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Here are a couple of pics of Dave on the firing line

Dave Gardner
      Participant

Hello shooters. This is about the “shooter”. He traveled over 2500 miles, loaded his ammo two weeks in advance, took his wife to a resort, then came to Williamsport won two relays, saved Dave Burkhart from a DQ, ate at all the finest restaurants, laughed with us all, won three pins for his hat, put up with us Yankees, took wife to Hershey and Gettysburg, and returned safely to reesebottom to prepare for a match on Saturday. He has a heart of gold and I like to say he is. A Shooter . And a good friend. Thank you. Dave G

Dave Gardner
      Participant

PS. I forgot something important. He also took a nap !!!!!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.