Windy Day

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Windy Day

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Gilley
      Participant

Sorry I missed the match today and I’m awaiting the scores from such a windy day. I’m sure it was very challenging! Hope everyone shot well.

Steve the wind was not helping at all no real high scores but we all had fun on a cool windy day.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Steve, the results are now posted and look at who is suggesting that we all had fun. The winner, Champion Sniper. I had the pleasure of scoring for Surrell, and but for two straight 8’s that .308 was pounding. I did learn one thing; when the north winds are howling, leave that 80 gn. pop gun in the closet.

Steve, it’s like this I had more fun than the others……But what made my day was giving Mr. Wynne the 8lbs of Varget for all he’s done for all of us at Reese Bottom and thanks to all the shooters for helping and making it possible. A big Thanks goes to Brett Collins and Jeff Fish for their help…… Mr. Wynne Thank You again for all your hard work at Reese Bottom……

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Yes Wynne even the little 6br has trouble in the wind at 600. I’ve tried it at 1000 and it really blows it around! Been a fun year and thanks for all you do to keep it going!

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Yes, 2016 has been a very good year for shooting at Reese Bottom and thanks to all of you good shooters that made it possible. I do think that we could accommodate a few more shooters so please continue to spread the word about the good thing that we do have. My wish is that you good shooters would help me over the next few months to make the forums more active. I need your help with what would be interesting for you to talk about. If you will come up with the content, pm me and I will get it posted. Does anyone have any suggestions as to possible upgrades to the range for next year? Sam mentioned that he had trouble seeing the number five target so I was thinking about moving the five hundred yard backer a few feet to the right and taking the dozier and cutting down that bank a little to open up the alley a little. Also thinking about moving the 250 yard flag to the top of the hill on the opposite side of range. After this past Saturday, I think we need more or better wind indicators. Suggestions, please. WWE

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.