What was your time and number!!!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room What was your time and number!!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I am interested to know what power you good shooters set your scope on yesterday and also about what time you shot. I shot in the last relay(about 1 pm) yesterday with the scope set on 30 power. Looking back, maybe should have dropped back a little bit. Over heard someone say that they dialed their scope under the mirage. Do not think that I did. Any thoughts? Thanks WWE

I shot in the first relay and shot on 12 power at 300 and 400 then I shot 21 power at 500 and I did back down a little not sure where I ended up at I try to shoot on the lowest power where I can see the best.Now when we got into the last relay I started having some brass getting tight in the chamber after the round was fired all my loads were loaded with 43.5 grs of Varget with a Hornady 178 HPBT in new Lapua brass and this is not a hot load in my Mil-Spec but Britt did say I need to back down some in the 308 with the match chamber in the new rifle.

Dennis Gray
      Participant

WYNNE, I SHOT SECOND RELAY. WAS DIALED ALL WAY UP TO 55 FROM 3 THRU 5. MIRAGE WAS LITTLE AT 5, BUT NOT TERRIBLE. I JUST TRIED TO STAY WITH IT INSTEAD OF BACKING OFF DURING THE RELAY.

Daryl White
      Participant

Wynne, I shot in the first relay an noticed no apparent mirage and dialed up maximum magnification (42) for 3, 4, and 5 hundred yards respectively. This may have given me a slight advantage, thus a slightly higher score. At previous shoots, I have been having problems with my loads, mostly at five and six hundred yards but in all actuality, at no distance were my shots consistant and I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong! Prior to reloding, what in the past has been a proven load, I measured my overall bullet length and found it shy of factory recomendations. I re-adjusted my seating die and kept every other aspect of the reload the same. My what a little difference makes. Bullet-jump makes a difference! LESSON LEARNED!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ad and I shot on 24 power. We always do, but I only had issues at 500 with it and we both shot in second relay.

Doug Pugh
      Participant

I shot on 24 power for all three targets in the first relay. I did notice some mirage but nothing that affected me at 24 power.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I shot the relay before you Wynne and the mirage was heavy! I was able to shoot at 32 power at 300 but had to back off a little at 4 and 5. I tried using the mirage and also checking the flag at 300. I was afraid to look at my 500 target because I was holding 4″ right of bull with some shots and 4″ left of bull on others. I was determined to shoot with the mirage and was happy with the results! Several people shot really good Saturday and a slip of only a 1/4″ will knock a person from 1st place to 8th!! That makes it interesting!

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Steve, your comment of holding 4″ right and 4″ left got me looking. I held ‘X’ on all of my shots at 500 yards and for all practical purposes my group and your group are the same size. Question. Is that a coincidence or is there some theory as to two different approaches being able to achieve the same results. Interesting. Thanks, WWE

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.