What Did You Think ?

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room What Did You Think ?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Okay good shooters, I would like for everyone that shot this past Saturday to be honest about what you think of the first bench rest match shot with the E-Targets. I am committed to making this work and to be honest, there is not much written by others about their experiences. In other words all of this is fairly new. I came home with a few questions and would like to hear from others before I try to contact Adam. If anyone has questions about the E-System or the way we ran the match, please let your thoughts known. WWE

brett collins
      Participant

from my perspective everything went very well no delays no hiccups. i very much enjoy the shotmarker System. and as far as the match is concerned there are probably a handful of different ways that you could run it. and this way was just fine.
      sorry that I do not have any helpful criticism. but hey good people good food and good competition = A GOOD TIME!

The only thing I feel is a problem is the benches are a little small. Just a little short and not as wide as needed. As far as the matches go I’m just as happy as I can be.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Surrell, I tend to agree with you on the size of the tables. I have thought about overlaying a piece of 3/4″ plywood to the concrete top. I might try one and see how it works out. I actually had to alter the front leg on my front rest and I am still all the way from back to front on the concrete tables. The two wooden benches are bigger. That is why Mr. Richard always likes to shoot on the wooden bench. WWE

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      Richard Slaton
      Participant

I can not believe how smooth things are going with the shot marker match these things are great!! I feel really bad now about saying something about shooting other distances next month which would rule out using the E-targets. I should have been over ruled on that.
      If the benches are to small it may mean your gun is two big and you got to much stuff LOL
      like said I in my match report I like the “you got 5 mins for sighters and score” it give me the option to spend time as I chose. The best part at the end of the day win, lose or draw everyone leave Reece Bottom with a smile on their face. Hurry up and get your F class gun back because I cant wait to try the new concrete pad for F Class
      thinks for what you are doing and allowing me to come play
      jrs

scott parten
      Participant

Mr. Wynne I think the match was awesome. If I weren’t there, someone else would have been in last place in my class…….
      Targets are working great, if I had to guess, the missed shot on one of our targets was caused by one of us touching the screen in the wrong place, not an issue with the system.
      I like the new concrete, should make for an easy setup during the next prone match.

brett collins
        Participant

scott brings up a good point could someone on there phone do something that would or could mess the System up

Wynne Echols
          Keymaster

Brett, during the first three matches using the e-targets we have left the network open which would allow anyone connected to do anything within the system. So, yes, someone on their phone could affect things. If that is what actually happened, we will chalk it up to the learning curve. I will check in to this further as we go along. WWE

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

I’m really enjoying the Shot Marker system! I think the match was ran very effectively and everything went smooth for the most part. I can’t really think of anything I would change. Had a blast as always. Great friends, great shooters, and great food! Thanks for making it happen, Mr Wynne.

Ken Moreman
      Participant

I agree with all of the good things said by others. If there is a way to have the sighters cleared before record shots, it would make for a cleaner record. Also if you could serve filet mignon, it would be appreciated.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Your comment about clearing the sighters before the record is one of the questions I asked Adam and there is a way. Takes about two seconds. WWE

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.