Tullahoma long range match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Tullahoma long range match

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Great shooters from several states showed up for the Tennessee long range championship match this weekend. Rain held off until tonight. We hope to shoot final two relays tomorrow morning. I started out poorly with 187/200. Next relay was slightly better with 190/200. Third relay was my best today at 193/200. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I used my 6br which I think was the smallest gun there! Will post more tomorrow night. Maybe we can get a group of our shooters to come up and try the long range one weekend.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Steve, you are doing Reese Bottom proud. Good luck tomorrow. WWE

Good luck Steve Gilley……

Al Barr
      Participant

Take it to’em, Steve!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Great shooting Steve, GOOD LUCK

Anonymous
      Inactive

My first 1000 yard match is history now! Rain, sunshine, overcast and then some wind but not bad overall. My scores were 187-5x, 190-5x, 193-8x, 192-3x, and 194-5x. Not winning scores but I had fun! And yes I did wear my Reese Bottom t-shirt!

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Steve, I am impressed. Hope that you were able to recruit some of these good shooters to Reese Bottom. Great Shooting, WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

CONGRATS…….sounds pretty awesome to me. Hope you had fun, that’s what really matters. Be safe driving home.

Al Barr
      Participant

Heck Steve, I’d be happy with those scores at the 600 yard match.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Was good to meet you Steve. Tough 1000 yard match. Good shooting dude. Gonna try to see you soon.

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Good shooting Steve. I hope you enjoyed the 1000 yard shooting, it is truly addictive.

Dave

Brad Mitchell
      Participant

Steve, I didn’t see you there. It was a fun match. My second time shooting 1k and I had a blast. I was like you, ended up better than I started.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Brad, good to hear from you. Please share a thing or two that you learned shooting this match that some of our good shooters might put to use this month at our Mid-Range Match. Thanks, WWE

Brad Mitchell
      Participant

Wynne, I started out the second morning with a 196 7x, not bad for a 308. The only thing I did differently was to calm down and concentrate on executing each shot like it was the only one I was going to take. I would look at the flags I picked to go with, hold off where I thought it needed to be, take a deep breath, slowly exhale and concentrate on a smooth trigger pull and follow through. When I slowed down and concentrated, I shot better. 30 minutes for 20 shots is an eternity, no need to rush. If I can get my .223 up and running, I’ll see yall this month.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Brad, Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you soon at Reese Bottom. WWE

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.