Time to Plan for 2018

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Time to Plan for 2018

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

The new year is upon us and it is time to start planning for 2018. I have been thinking that maybe we need to think about doing a couple of matches differently. I will say that I would like to leave the matches on the 3rd Saturday of the month. I was thinking that maybe we could have some type of team match. Maybe one for mid range prone and one for bench rest. I would like to also have a .22 match maybe after one of the summer bench rest matches. These team matches would probably require some type of preregistering and cut off date in order to try to equalize things. We could maybe try one with two shooter teams and one with five shooter teams. All of this is just a thought, please let us hear from you. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mr. Wynne I think team shoots could be a lot of fun especially when you go to other matches and could learn a lot quick. How would the teams be chosen, maybe new shooters with some more experienced shooters? I have learned a lot just listening to ya’ll talk but it still takes practice. Most likely team shooting would keep us motivated to practice more. I’m for what ever helps our sport grow.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Still thinking about the shooting teams. How many shooters would we have per team? Would this be a Reese Bottom team going else where to shoot as a team?
      I remember a brief discussion at our last match about buddying up to practice, keeping each other motivated, giving that little extra push to go practice or to a match, so if any body is interested, I’m game. Unless it’s changed Brock’s Gap will host a 500 yd benchrest Sat January 13, second Saturday of each month, just in case some one has cabin fever,(I Do). I know it was really neat when we showed up at Bar 3 as a TEAM.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Kenneth, my thinking here is all about Reese Bottom and trying to do something a little different from time to time. Anyone could enter, but my main interest would be on the shooters that attend regularly. Kind of a change of pace for those that participate. Lets say we were going to have a two man team bench rest match and lets say the team had to consist of a .308/.223 rifle paired with either a mechanical or open bi-pod rifle. Set a date for the teams to enter and we would know what we had. No late entries. We could talk this up for months here on the forum so everyone should know the dates. Just looking at the log ons to the right, not many are using the forum so not sure how much feed back we will get. All of this is just a thought at this time, but the schedule will need to be set shortly.

I also received an email from Brock’s Gap this mourning and there match next Saturday is a double match. A shooter wanting to shoot light and heavy could possibly shoot over a hundred rounds. If things go okay, I might ride up there. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mr. Wynne,just throwing some questions around that I was thinking to see if someone would come back. Shooting is just fun to me but it’s a lot more fun to have someone to shoot with.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Kenneth, thanks for your support of Reese Bottom. I understand what you mean saying that it is fun to have a shooting buddy. It is also no fun talking to yourself on this forum. lol. Surely some of the guys got a new toy for Christmas. If they are now willing to brag about it, I guess we will just have to act surprised when it shows up at Reese Bottom. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Im thinking the competition is going to be tough in the 308 with all the new 308’s being built.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just had another thought. What if we came with a shooter of the year award maybe something for each class, and having to participate in a majority of matches for the year

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Well I hope to be a little involved in Reese Bottom this year not necessarily as a shooter (I come up a little short in the barrel department lol) but more in the line of help not sure exactly what I can do but figure I can take some load off the people shooting. I won’t be there every match but with retirement just around the corner I plan on having a little more free time. And maybe spend a little more time talking to myself on this forum LOL.
      Kenneth yes we all need motivation and it get old going to practice by yourself the older I get the more I get in the socializing part of the shooting sport. there again sometime I just need me the target and my gun.

Mr. Wynne and others if there is anything I can do to help out at Reese bottom just let me know

Let’s make it happen. Its not the caliber of the rifle, it’s the life of Shooter that Hits the X.

Brent
      Participant

Waiting on the 3rd Saturday, when will you post the schedule?

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Brent, I was in no hurry. Thought maybe a few more might comment on some possible changes. We will not shoot until the third Saturday of February. Let’s plan for the February match to be a bench rest match and let’s go with three, ten shot targets. One at 300 yards, one at 400 yards, and one at 500 yards. Pretty sure the bottom will still be very wet at that time. WWE

Brent
      Participant

Sounds great to me can’t wait

Brent
      Participant

As far as any changes go, I just enjoy shooting at Reese, anything good with me!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mr Wynne, do u still want to plan a work day before the first match? Something was said at the last match about working on the target backers.

Daryl White
      Participant

Well Guys (and Gals), I wasn’t as active last year as I would have liked to have been at the Reese Bottom and Gaberal Creek Competitions due to conflicting schedules and my scores suffered accordingly. Don’t think I will be able to make every shoot this year either but am looking forward to this year’s Competitions! Be seeing Y’all, Daryl…..

Larry Linneman
      Participant

hey wynn as far as team match goes central alabama gun club shoots a team match against backwoods shooter each april if you and your group are interested contact bryan law for info. i hoping to make more of your fclass matches this year last year i had conflics that kept me away
      larry

Chad Hedrick
      Participant

Well guys, I got to say I’m excited about the changes that are being suggested. We learned alot last year, being our first year, just by talking with other shoots. This year it will be great for Cade to shoot along with the better shoots. Looking forward to February, if I can help in any way just let me know.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Great to hear from so many of you good shooters. I hope all is well with you and look forward to another year of shooting with everybody at Reese Bottom. Kenneth, I would like to rework several of the target backers this year, but now is not the time. People are hunting there regularly and it is so wet that we would do more harm than good. We will start the year with what we have and maybe later this year we can get a few things done. WWE

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.