Targets at 1000 Yards

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Targets at 1000 Yards

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Thanks to Michael Claunch we are now closer to having something to shoot at all the way to 1000 yards. It has not rained in the last several days but the hill at Reese Bottom is still very wet[see the boots]. I took a few photos as always so click to enlarge. Weather permitting, we should be ready by the third Saturday in December. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

We did determine a thing or two that will need to be altered to better accommodate you good shooters. WWE

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Thank you Micheal and Wynne for all that you do so I can come have fun
      I’m hoping those targets are close to the size of “the broad side of a barn”
      Jrs

brett collins
      Participant

i have my 284 barrel on and ready for some fun.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Looking forward to this 1000 yard stuff. Sent 10 rounds today in this 15 mph switching wind. It was difficult keeping the bullet on a 16″ wide metal plate. Was using 5 moa’s windage and the wind was not full value. Hope it is somewhat calm when we shoot!

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Steve after reading your post got me to thinking I’ve never really used the Horizontal correction on my ballistic app. and as we embark into the world of 1K shooting I’m thinking I NEED TO. Just to see I punched in a 5 mph 90 deg. Cross wind (which an’t much LOL) based on my 107 @2700 I need to ADD 4.1 MOA windage for 1K correction WOW that’s a eye opener!
      now here is the kicker if that 5 mph wind is @ 45 degs.(not 90) then I only need 2.8 MOA. now if that 5 mph 45 deg cross wind changes to 7 mph I now need 4 moa and if that 5 mph wind that changed to 7 mph now goes back to 90 degs I now need 5.7 MOA who said the wind is your friend
      yep 1K going to be fun

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.