Sneaky snake

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Sneaky snake

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I just received a call from Britt. He informed me that the “key to dealing with snakes is remaining calm.” So I guess it would be safe to say, Britt May be a heck of a gunsmith, but he ain’t so snake handler. That whole ordeal could have been a disaster. Thank goodness Brayden saw the darn thing.
      Ad and I sure enjoyed the day, today. There was some mighty fine shooting going on. CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners, I still think I should have gotten extra points for 11 shots….lol. Now we are looking forward to the F class match next month. Hope everyone can make it back for that event.

Tony Graham
      Participant

Dan,
      I could not make it. Some of us have to work! What happened with a snake? and whats up with you shooting 11 on a target? Who won you or Ad?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Ad always beats me. He dropped one at 500 that gave him a 4″ group. I wasn’t coaching him at all and he got a little nervous with the direction he was receiving. (We shot in the same relay) all in all, he shot well. I didn’t.
        As for the snake, we killed a snake first thing this morning. At the end of the day, while sitting at the picnic table finishing the scoring a timber rattler crawled up in the middle of everything. Britt knocked Wynne down while trying to get out of the way. One of those deals where you had to be there. FUNNY, FUNNY, FUNNY. we got the snake killed. He was around 2 feet long, one rattler and a button. A good near miss. Hate you couldn’t make it. Maybe you can make the f class match coming up.

The snake was just a baby and I have never seen men act this way before over such a small snake.I am sure glad Britt and MR Wynne were not armed if so they might have killed eight or ten of us trying to shoot the snake.

Anonymous
        Inactive

It was Funny, but in there defense, they heard ” snake under table”. They had no idea it was a baby. I’ve always heard that a baby snake was more dangerous because they didn’t know how to regulate their venom. I’ve always heard that if they bite they will pump all they have in you. (don’t know that to be true) . I do believe that if one of them had been shuffling their feet around an accidentally pinned him Down, he would have bitten them. Glad it turned out like it did.

Al Barr
      Participant

I think that Britt showed traces of his former athletic ability in his exodus from the picnic bench. Mr. Wynne surely felt like Britt played football instead of baseball.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.