September 2020

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room September 2020

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Reese Bottom will host a Mid Range Prone Match on Saturday September 19, 2020. 3/20/600 yard. The number of good shooters will be limited to twenty four. Please arrive by 8 am so that we can get things going by 9 am. The rifles will be divided into either Open or FTR. We plan to have a bench relay so when you register and need to shoot from a bench, please mention it when you register. I would like to limit this to four bench shooters, that way they can all shoot the same relay and I can leave the benches behind the mats to have more room between the mats. Plans are to let the mat shooters be setting up while others are shooting. I have had a suggestion against this, but by leaving the benches behind I think we will have more room and it should not be quite as hectic. Twenty four good shooters divided by four targets times three trips equal possible long day.

We will have something for breakfast and lunch. Each division will have a ‘Gunny Pot’ for most ‘Xs’. $25 per gun. Ya’ll think you know the plan, but don’t.

Here is the plan. The big red clock will be used to time each relay. Everyone’s first relay will be 22 minutes. Relay 2 and 3 will be 20 minutes each. Each good shooter will be allowed unlimited sighters, BUT, the 20 record rounds must be completed within each relay’s timed period. When the clock strikes zero, a cease fire command will be given, and any unfired record rounds will be scored as ‘0’[zero]. The clock will not be started until everyone has had a “waste shot” and gotten on target. Remember, three misses and you are out. Plans are to have two people manage or observe the firing line. If the three of us have to approach you about something, please realize that you have been a very naughty boy. Shame on you.

Let’s use this topic to register your attendance. 24 max. Registration will close at the first 24 or Thursday night September 17th at 7:00 pm, which ever comes first. WWE

Steve has started a topic about the October shoot and I hope that many of you will support his effort.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Wynne Echols.
      brett collins
      Participant

6br open

308 FTR……..

brett collins
      Participant

johnny pace 6.5X47 (prone) yes i said prone.

brett collins
      Participant

lavoy goetz 6.5 creedmoor open

Danny Gray
      Participant

grY ftr 223 open 6bra pitchford open 6bra

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Danny, I’m not exactly sure what you are saying here. Is grY ftr 223 a third person? If so, I need a full name. We do not allow a person to shoot two different rifles at our prone matches. WWE

scott parten
      Participant

FTR .308 please sir…..

Chase Morgan
      Participant

308 FTR

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Sonny Korner texted today. .284 FOpen from a bench.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Richard Allen called and will be shooting Open 6mmBR from a bench

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

I’ll be shooting my. 308 off bipod.

Jessie Smith
      Participant

308 bipod

Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

308 FTR for me, thanks.

mike boykin
      Participant

308 ftr

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Steve Gilley Open 6BRX or 6BR. Depends on which one I get ammo loaded for.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Jimmy Davis is ready to return! FTR 308

mike boykin
      Participant

Patricia todd 6.5 creedmoor
      600 yard f-class Practiced and ready.

Danny Gray
      Participant

6bra open from bench please pitchfor 6bra open prone

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Richard Slaton
      6BrX. Bipod open

Mr. If I could be on target 4 it works better for left hand
      No Big deal if that won’t work

John Sanders
      Participant

John Sanders
      Range boy, cook!
      Since it’s the last match, I’ll provide the meat for lunch smoked at my house. Mr. Wynne we will still need buns, chips and bbq sauce I’f that’s ok with you. Still no rifle yet but I really appreciate everyone at Reese bottom for helping me get started.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Thursday September 17, 2020 at 7:00 pm has come and gone so we are closing registration for the September Mid Range Prone Match. We have eighteen good shooters signed up for the match[10 Open & 8 FTR] Scott Parten had to back out and Wynne is in with the .223.

John, I will have the buns, chips and BBQ sauce plus drinks. Please plan for enough for twenty people. I’ll have sausage and biscuits for breakfast. Please arrive about 8 am so that we can get things going by 9 am

If my memory serves me correctly, the last two September matches have produced some good shooting conditions. Sally dropped about .6 inches of rain on the bottom, so not bad at all. The FTR shooters will start things off this month. Remember 3/20/600. See Ya Saturday. WWE

Danny Gray
      Participant

pitchford cant make it something has come up and

brett collins
      Participant

johnny pace has a had a friend pass away so he will not be coming

John Sanders
      Participant

Mr.Wynne
      I am in gulf shores helping my aunt with the hurricane relief and will not be able to attend the match on Saturday. However, I have made arrangements to feed everyone at Reese bottom and Richard Slaton will bring the BBQ that I promised. See you soon!
      John

Danny Gray
      Participant

wynne i cant find anyone to come with me and i afaridto come by my self sorry for the incovience

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.