SEB JoyPod

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room SEB JoyPod

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Barr
      Participant

I believe that several members have experience with the SEB joypod.

The info that I’m looking for may be of interest to other shooters on the forum.

1) Do You have to hold on to the steering stick to maintain your point of aim?

2) Does the wide stance, construction, and design assist the shooter in getting the rifle to recoil straight to the rear with the .308 and heavier cartridges?

3) What method you use to attach it to your rifle?

If you are inclined to offer a review and or observations of the joypod; it would be greatly appreciated.
      Al Barr

Dennis Gray
      Participant

AL, I HAVE BOTH THE NEO SEB REST & THE JOY POD. I HAVE HAD MY JOYPOD FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS, AND HAVE NOT EVEN TAKEN IT OUT OF THE BOX. I CANT SAY ABOUT THE JOY POD BUT ON THE NEO SEB I CAN SAY IT DOES NOT MOVE. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HOLD THE JOY STICK. BEFORE I BOUGHT, I DID TALK TO PEOPLE THAT HAD BEEN SHOOTING OFF OF THEM FOR YEARS. JUST LIKE THEY TOLD ME THE JOY STICK DOES FILL LIKE IT WOULD MOVE ON YOU, BUT IT DOES NOT. THEY ALL SAID YOU WOULD WANT TO ADJUST ON THE TENSION ON THE JOYSTICK, BUT LEAVE IT ALONE. MR BILL SHEHANE SHOOTS FROM THE SEBS. DONT NO IF YOU KNOW HIM OR NOT, BUT HE IS A GREAT GUY TO TALK TO AND IM SURE HE COULD TELL YOU A LOT ABOUT THE REST. HE SHOOTS AT A VERY MUCH HIGHER LEVEL THAN I DO. I THINK HE HOLDS SEVERAL DIFFERENT TITLES. I DO HAVE HIS NUMBER IF YOU NEED IT. THE LAST F CLASS SHOOT AT MR WYNNES WAS THE SECOND TIME I USED THE NEO SEB. THE FIRST TIME WAS BENCH REST, AND IT DID TAKE LITTLE GETTING USE TO. I KIND OF ADJUSTED TO IT A LITTLE BETTER TO IT, AND REALLY LIKED IT. I SOLD THE OTHER JOYPOD TO STEVE GILLEY. HE MAY BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU SOME INFO ON IT. THEY DO LOOK LIKE THEY ARE VERY WELL CONSTRUCTED.

Al Barr
      Participant

Thanks Dennis.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Al, I like Dennis do not have a lot of experience in shooting from the prone position. I really struggled with my set up the first three or four prone matches. My last two prone matches have been shot using the Seb Joy Pod and I am satisfied that I have noticed improvement. For me, the wider platform is basically cheating as compared to the traditional bi pod. Unless you catch a big break, purchasing the Seb Joy Pod will be a lengthy process{min. several months} I tend to hold the joy stick while shooting. That’s just a me thing and I am sure that Dennis’s response above is very accurate as far as not holding on. I shoot a .223 with very little recoil, so I will have to defer the answer on your question about the .308 tracking. The .223 does move a little but the Joy Pod legs are mounted on slides so I just push it forward and wait for the target to come back up. The Joy Pod attaches to a short picatinny rail mounted to the fore end of rifle. The thing comes with a couple of attachments but to fasten it to a fore end with a swivel stub, you must purchase a third party piece that adapts the Joy Pod to the swivel stud. I purchased one on Amazon that I found out later that I did not need and I sold it to Dennis. He could probably tell you who made it. I will also mention that Dan G. is shooting very well on the wide platform rest that he got from Steve G. Not sure who makes the one Dan has. Good Luck with your decision. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Thanks Wynne

Dennis Gray
      Participant

AL, THE ADAPTER I BOUGHT FROM WYNNE WAS MADE BY BLACKHAWK, SWIVEL STUD PICATINNY RAIL ADAPTER.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Al, Wynne mentioned my bipod. It is a Sinclair that I bought from Steve. It has the elevation adjustment and it is not as quick to adjust as I would expect the joy pod to be. I get it set to the right elevation and squeeze my rear bag to get everything lined up. It works fine for me and I think they are readily available from Sinclair for about $250.00. By the way, when shooting from the bench I use a hard rear bag and just slide the gun forward or backwards as needed for elevation adjustments. Good Luck.

Al Barr
      Participant

Thanks Dan

Brad Mitchell
      Participant

Does anybody know someone wanting to sale theirs or know where to get one? I’ve been on the waiting list for one for a long time now. Not sure if it would help much but it sure looks nice.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Brad, It is my understanding that all Seb products sold in the U.S. come through Ernie Bishop from the great state of Wyoming. I have from time to time noticed some sold for a premium on another forum[A S] Good Luck, WWE ps. Mr Bishop is a forum member, shoot him a personal message.

Brad Mitchell
      Participant

Thanks Wynne, I pm’d Ernie yesterday and he told me the waiting list was around a year. I have 10-12lbs of Varget or a Sightron 10-50x60lrmoa if anybody was interested. lol

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.