Rifle Barrels

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Rifle Barrels

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Need some input on the BEST rifle barrel money can buy……The Very Best……

Josh Wakefield
      Participant

Surrell, I think a Krieger Heavy Palma is the best money can buy, with Bartlein being a close second.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Surrell, your questions leave no room for a grey area. Josh is probably right although there are no guarantees that any one barrel is going to be a shooter. If you will look around at other matches where the rifle parts are listed, Krieger barrels will be well represented. Another factor, at this time, not all barrels are readily available. Britt just put a Krieger on my bench gun and it sure shoots better than the shooter. Good luck with whatever you choose. WWE

I am looking at building a 6mm br and I will not be cutting cost on a barrel and if I have to wait on a barrel one year I will so that being said I will not settle for second best.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Krieger, Krieger, and then Bartlein for me! I have 2 of each and favor the Krieger.

When I was doing the barrel break in on my new 308 weekend before last I shot and cleaned just like it said do and I found no copper in my barrel and after the match Saturday I got home I cleaned it again to see how much copper build up I had after firing 51 times and found no copper again.I spent about 30 minutes on powder fouling then went in with copper cleaner and found zero copper on my patch on my mil-spec I cleaned it the same way and after using the copper cleaner I had blue all over the patch until it was scrub clean.That being said I think I got a very good barrel on the new 308 it is a Broughton 5C but I am thinking there has got to be a better one out there I just have to find the right brand to build my BR on.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.