Register here for the June Bench Rest Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Register here for the June Bench Rest Match

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Wynne shooting 6mm dasher in the mechanical rest division.

Richard Slaton
      Participant

6 BrX open bipod
      What’s the format all at 600

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Richard, this will be our first try at bench rest + e-targets. Here is the plan. Each rifle will go to the bench two different times and shoot two record targets during each trip. The first trip before the first target, we will take five minutes or so to let each good shooter fire as many as needed to find the virtual ‘X’. We will then have a two minute timed unlimited sighter period at the end of which we will hit the ‘go for record button’ and fire our five for record. The next three targets should only require the two minute sighter period. The match will be four/five shot targets all at 600 yards.

The square root of [X*X + Y*Y] will determine the ‘Gunny Pot Winner’ There are not that many close bullets, unfortunately. Should be fun. I have had inquiries from more people than usual so hopefully we will have a good crowd. Please register before Thursday night June 13. WWE

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      brett collins
      Participant

6BR mechanical rest division.

Sonny Korner
      Participant

6.5 CREEDMORE MECHANICAL REST

Doug Pugh
      Participant

6BR on mechanical rest.

mike boykin
      Participant

308 ftr bipod

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Mr. Wynne I’m shooting 308 off bipod and it doesn’t matter when I shoot as long as I get to shoot, lol.

scott parten
      Participant

.308 off a bipod please sir

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Steve Gilley–6brx–mechanical
      Jimmy Davis.–308.–bipod
      Johnny Pace –6.5×47–bipod
      DeWayne Smith–6brx–mechanical
      Jake Smith –6.5 Creed–bipod
      Steve Gilley–6br–bipod

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, you cannot claim that I did not warn you. Now that is what I call a registration. We have 14 good shooters signed up 12 days before the match. Should be a good one. Please help spread the word as there are several spots left. You all know that this will be our first attempt at shooting a bench rest match and letting the Shotmarker system both score and size the groups for each record target. I am going to attach a photo of the screen that the shooter will create. This was done with the system using the shot simulator. Unless something changes we will probably leave it set up as you see it. Click the photo to enlarge and see what you think. I will be glad to try to answer any questions. If anyone wishes to screen shot their target they can do so before we save[which clears] the target. The photo is of the systems virtual IBS 600 yard target. Plans are to attach IBS 600 yard paper targets over the fclass targets that we have been using so the scope dope should be the same or close.

Because this will be bench rest, I do not think it fair to sit there and look at the tablet, you should be shooting. So, plans are to place the tablet on the bench during the sighter period and when the count down is over, have someone standing there to make sure and hit the button for “record” and take the tablet away while the shooter fires their five for record. Then sit the tablet back on the bench for the good shooter to admire[or curse] Once every shooter in the relay is finished, while the crew is accumulating the scores, groups, and X’s the shooter can screen shot the target. By that time we should be ready to save and clear that relay’s targets and get ready to do it again. After the second target we will change shooters and get ready to do it all over again. My hope is that we can move this match along at a decent pace but please understand that this is all new so come and plan to stay.[and be patient] WWE

Attachments:
        Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

On the above target, S1 and S2 were sighter shots and then the five record shots are numbered. The system determines that the five shots formed a 1.82 inch group and scored and 50 with 2 X’s. I really think we can learn to like this thing. Do forget, Reese Bottom has a surprise waiting. WWE

308 Bipod

Ken Moreman
      Participant

Ken Moreman. 6mm br with mechanical rest.

Don Lewis
      Participant

Don Lewis, 308 bipod,will cook if y’all let me shoot.

Daryl White
      Participant

Wynne, I’ll be shooting my trusty 308 on a bipod!

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Add Robbie Tarleton..6 dasher Mechanical

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

I’ll be shooting my 6.5 creedmoor. Bipod

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Richard Allen called. Will be shooting 6mmBR in the mechanical rest division. That makes 21 rifles. 7 spots remaining and 7 days remaining to get registered. WWE

Yes Mr Lewis you can shoot and cook. Actually, cooking just might be part of the Reese Bottom surprise. Does anyone have any deer sausage that the wife is ready to get out of the freezer?

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

New shooter David McDowell from the Mobile area emailed and said was coming with his 6mmBR and a mechanical rest. Look forward to meeting David. That is #22 leaving 6 open spots. WWE

Steve Gilley
      Participant

If you will put David McDowell in contact with me maybe we can all come up together and he may want to test his rifle this week.

Johnnie Jones Jr
      Participant

My father and I will be down to shoot this June match. We both shoot 260 Off bipods.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Johnnie, what is your dad’s name, please sir. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Johnnie, thanks for registering in the forum and we look forward to you and your dad shooting this coming weekend. That makes 24 registered shooters. Will take up to 4 more but must register by this Thursday night. WWE

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

Sign me up! 6.5 Stankmoor and 6xc off of bipod. I gotta knock the cobwebs off these rifles. See y’all Saturday!

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

“Once again, I am asking you good shooters to register for the match. Need to know caliber and rest type. I will allow a good shooter to shoot two different rifles as long as they are in different divisions.”

The above was copied and pasted from the topic announcing the June Match.

Ben, glad to see you returning to Reese Bottom. Been a while but I understand that you have had a lot going on. Your registration sounds to me like you want to shoot two different rifles in the same division. I have refused to allow two other shooters to do this so, please sir, put one on a mechanical rest or plan to shoot just one. Please let me know your intentions so that I can get things entered in the computer correctly. Thanks for your understanding. WWE

Johnnie Jones Jr
      Participant

My dads name is Johnnie Jones, I’m a Jr

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Registration is Closed. As of 7:30 Thursday night June 13th we are closing the registration for the June bench rest match. There are 24 rifles entered in the three different divisions which with the four targets we will have six groups of four. There is a good split of shooters in each division. I will now start to get everything entered and try to be ready by Saturday morning. Please try to arrive by 8 am so that we can get things going by 9 am. Looking forward to a great shoot Saturday. WWE

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

I’ll just bring 1 rifle. Now worries. I’ll be shooting 6xc off of bipod

Thanks

Jessie Smith
      Participant

308 bipod FTR thank you

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.