Reese Bottom is Nasty Wet!!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Reese Bottom is Nasty Wet!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

We just completed rebuilding the target backers at 300 yards and 500 yards. That will allow us to shoot the February match as planned from the benches. The match will be on Saturday February 16, 2019. We will shoot two different five shot targets at 300 yards and move out and do the same at 500 yards. Twenty record shots plus foulers. We will have three divisions as usual, a mechanical division, Open Bi-Pod, and a .308/.223 division. Please arrive by 8 am so that we can get things going by 9 am. I will furnish drinks and snacks and there will be small prizes for small group size on the first three targets and we will let the last target at 500 yards be the ‘Gunny Pot’.

I am going to go ahead and announce that the new electronic targets will not be ready for use by March so on March 16, 2019 we will shoot a similar match from the benches but let’s say a five shot target and a ten shot target both at 300 yards and 500 yards. A helper and I have worked on the two backers the last couple of days and it is a muddy mess at the bottom. Wet and lots of loose dirt[a muddy mess] I have a little dirt work to do before I can build the electronic target backers and then I must familiarize myself we how they are to work. Please be patient with me through all of this. If it ever dries up with should enjoy what is ahead. Hope to see many of you good shooters on the 16th. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Was able to take a few pictures this morning. I hope they are self explanatory.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster
      Michael Claunch
      Participant

You should have called me. I still have to load a few and check the rifle out.

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Thanks for updating with pictures. And thanks for sharing Reese Botton
      I’m excited about the updates 2019

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well it is Tuesday morning and the predicted rains have arrived. Saturday looks okay but one can be assured that Reese Bottom will be extremely wet so do not wear your tennis shoes. As of now, we will plan for the match to go on as stated above in this topic. Please visit the forum late Friday in the case that we have to change things.

I also forgot to mention that I have bought four new Sinclair shooting stools so there should be no need for any of you to bring a shooting stool. These are the black ones that easily adjust up and down. It was time for the cheaper mechanic’s stools to go. They have served there time and now must go. Hope to see many of you on Saturday. WWE

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.