Reese Bottom Haints !!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Reese Bottom Haints !!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Rode back on the farm this afternoon. Actually saw two nice bucks in different places while riding around. Shot the hog on the left on the back side of the place about 5:30 with a Remington AR 15. There were three that came out together. I can do pretty good with the first one but when the others get to running all I do is cut up some dust. I killed the big hog on the right tonight on the far side of the field at Reese Bottom. Shot him tonight about 7:30 with an AR 10 with some daylight on top. Can report that the bottom is very wet now but should be ready to go by the third Saturday in February. Anybody doing any shooting? WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think those Haints may be every where from what I’m hearing. I have not been hunting yet, but planing to go. But I went to BROCK’S GAP and locked up Shooter of the year. lol, it was so cold the gun barrels never got warm. Just had to squeeze the trigger between the shivers! But it was fun.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Kenneth, we are all very proud of you and your good shooting. You have come a long way in a very short time. Congrats on the soy prize at Brock’s Gap. I had actually planned to ride up there last month, but I wimped out when the weather got bad. I will shoot the loaded ammo next month at Reese Bottom. Did not play attention and loaded rounds with different primers than I have been shooting. Who knows, maybe they will shoot better. WWE

Daryl White
      Participant

Nice job Wynne! Yep, all the way west to the Tombigbee is covered up in ferrel swine. I managed to close out 2017 with 55 confirmed. Guess hitting a running target depends on the rifle/shotgun, scope, distance, and where and how the target is moving. Gentleman passed on some good info to me awhile back; using a scope with cross hairs on a fast moving target; focus on getting the target in the center of the scope – not the crosshairs! That’s harder said than done after shooting stationary targets. Also IMPORTANT; a reliable weapon, ammunition, and steady aim also helps when a wild boar is charging! They will!!!!!

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Daryl, when these hogs go to running, I go to shooting so the hog must not be in the center of the scope because I have not killed one running yet.

Fellows, Daryl has not been spending all of his time chasing hogs, he sent me this picture of a fine swamp buck he killed recently. Said something about there being an ‘X’ ring on the deer’s shoulder. Mine weighs more than yours. lol WWE

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      Larry Linneman
      Participant

Wish we had done around here I want to hog hunt bad but none where I can hunt

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Larry, Hogs are like snow. One is better off having to travel afar to see it or them. WWE

Daryl White
      Participant

LOL! That’s a nice HOGEER! Isn’t this species akin to the JACKALOPE?

brett collins
      Participant

that’s just like MR WYNNE to shoot a hog with a non-typical rack

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think that hog was trying to beef up his arsenal to fight off those gators, lol.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.