Please Be Aware !!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Please Be Aware !!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

It appears that someone maybe up to no good registered on the forum and sent out a notice to some if not all of the forum members today. Not sure about this but think it is the first time for such a thing here on the forum. I do not know this person and have deleted them as a user. Let’s watch it going forward and see what happens. WWE

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Was going to message you I got a e-mail /message from the forum from (coopermarie442@gmail.com) wonts to be my friend 🤪 wife said an’t happing 🤷‍♂️

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Fellows I apologize for what happened yesterday with the strange person that was able to register on the forum. There have actually been others before but they were more easy to identify. The site has an active spam catcher but some are able to slip through. Prior to this incident they have always had funny looking email addresses and no photo avatar. I get email notices of new registrants but let it slide with the gmail and photo. I’m not real sure how or why a hack works but if any of you clicked the link they probably have your email address so be aware if funny things start happening.

If this becomes a problem, I would strongly suggest not responding to anything sent by someone that you do not rub shoulders with at Reese Bottom each month. I will police it the best I can. Again, Sorry. WWE

scott parten
      Participant

She hit me up too mr. Richard. Military gal she said. Wanted to be my friend as well…..
      We look for stuff like this all the time at work so I took a hard pass too.
      Thanks mr. Wynne for keeping an eye on this

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by scott parten.
      Ron Lewis
      Participant

She hit me too, I just deleted her email. Figure I know most everyone

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.