New Stock means New Gun

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room New Stock means New Gun

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Gilley
      Participant

I was lucky enough, or unlucky enough to win a $500 gift certificate on a Manners Stock. This means I will have to decide what I want to build and what type of stock! My neck and shoulder conditions are going to force me into less F-class shooting. Not sure which bothers me most, shooting prone or pulling targets. Almost sure I will build a bench gun for 600 and 1000 yard shooting. Any advice on calibers or stock styles??

Al Barr
      Participant

Are you planning to use a muzzle brake? IMHO, recoil starts to be a factor on cartridges better than the 6 Dasher.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Yes, break or suppressor!

Al Barr
      Participant

Steve, I like my .284 Shehane. I don’t have to run it hard for great accuracy which makes life easy for the barrel and cases. It also doesn’t beat the heck out me for 20 shot strings out of a 14 pound rifle, which means for BR, I could shoot light and heavy gun classes.

John Whidden shoots a hot .243 with heavy (115 gr.) bullets at 3000 plus that holds better in the wind than the 7’s. I’ve read that he makes the brass from the small primer .308 brass. I’m sure that he doesn’t worry about barrel life or case life; but who knows, it may be the next “hot setup”.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.