New F Class Bi-Pod

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room New F Class Bi-Pod

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Steve Gilley sent me a photo of a new F Class Bi-Pod and asked me to get the photo up on the chat forum and he would log in later and describe the thing. Stay tuned for the details. WWE

click to enlarge

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      Attachments:
      Larry Linneman
      Participant

might need to change the little adjusting rods on the right side [looking at it ) they may hang up on a mat or something (saw something similar in blakley GA some time ago and it happened to them on recoil. just some friendly input
      other than that it works pretty darn good

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes Larry I also saw that one at Blakley last year and liked it. I didn’t know that he had an issue with it but I can see that happening. I have not tried it yet but it seems to be really well machined with absolutely no slop in the joints. I have noticed that for large height adjustments it takes lots of turns on the little wheel! It is made by a small time machinist in Arizona that is called Firefox Engineering. Bryan bought one after seeing a blog on Accurate Shooter site and I thought I would give it a try also. There is no Web site for this rest but if anybody wants one I have the phone ##.

Larry Linneman
      Participant

the one i saw was not exactly like yours it was a home built model it worked good except for that few snag on the guys mat(his pegs were alittle longer i think its been a few years). i was just letting you know to look out for it

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

The feet on this rest appear that they would grip the ground very well. The feet on my Seb Joy Pod are as slick as a snow ski. What would be the benefits of one over the other? WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

I’ve seen the joy pods (and other bipods) fitted spikes to push into the ground. I don’t know of any prohibition against that; do any of you folks know?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Al Barr. Reason: Added a word
      Larry Linneman
      Participant

3.4.1 Rifle Rests -(a) F-Class Open Rifle (F-O) – The rifle may be supported by any means which provide no positivemechanical method for returning it to its precise point of aim for the prior shot. Subject to:(1) No more than two rests may be used. If two rests are employed, they may not be attached to eachother.(2) The use of any form of a table is prohibited. Separate flat boards or plates not exceeding thedimensions of the individual rests by two inches are allowed to be placed under the front and/or rearrests. See Rule 3.4.1(a)(1).No leveling screws or protrusions are allowed on these boards or plates. They must be flat on the topand bottom. (3) A front rest may be employed for either the rifle’s fore-end or for the forward hand. If attached,clamped, or held to the rifle, the front rest must be included in the rifle’s overall weight (Rule 3.4(a)).(4) No portion of the rifle’s butt or pistol grip shall rest directly on the ground or on any hard surface.Furthermore, any rear rest employed shall not be attached, clamped, or held onto the rifle in anymanner. Mechanically adjustable rear rests are not allowed.(5) As an alternative to (3) or (4), the rifle may be rested on a simple central support such as a rolledjacket, towel, blanket, or groundsheet, or upon a sandbag or beanbag.(6) Any number and type of objects may be placed beneath each rest to compensate for variations in theheight of the slope of the firing point or to reduce its rolling.(7) The front rest or base may have up to three spiked feet which may be pressed into the ground by nomore than 50mm (approximately 2 inches) provided this causes no significant harm to the firing point.(8) Rests may be adjusted after any shot to compensate for rest movement or settling. A sling may beused in conjunction with the rest(s), but its weight will be included in the rifle’s overall weight (Rule3.4(a)).(b) F-Class Target Rifle (F-TR) Rests – A bipod and/or sling are the only allowed front supports for the F-TR

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.