Monday Morning @ 1000 yards

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Monday Morning @ 1000 yards

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I certainly enjoyed spending this morning with Mr Steve Gilley, Mr Jimmy Davis, and their friend JJ. Steve is preparing to shoot in a long range[1000 yd] prone match in Tennessee on Aug. 30 and needed to determine dope on two different rifles and Mr Jimmy was not going to be out done so he brought a couple of rifles. Pretty amazing to see want these rifles and shooters can do at such a long distance. What I took from this morning: I shot a 6mmBR for a couple of years and shot it several times at 1000 yards. Steve had his 6mmBR and shoots several different load components. His dope was roughly 4 MOA different from what I was shooting. What I learned this morning: Numbers are specific to each rifle so spend the time and effort to know your own rifle and not rely on what someone else might say. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for taking the time to allow me to check my loads at 1000. Not many places where a rifle can be tested at that range. At least now I should be on paper when the warm up starts in Tullahoma!

Anonymous
        Inactive

Good luck Steve…

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Good luck Steve…

Dave

Al Barr
      Participant

Steve, you give them boys a lesson. Nice guys can finish first!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.