Match Week!!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Match Week!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I sure hope that many of you good shooters are getting as excited as I am about the shoot this coming weekend. It will be a 30 shot benchrest match. Plans are to also offer a class for the hunting rifles. I have a few small prizes for winners on each target and as always we will divide all entry money among the over all winners in each division. The ‘Gunny Pot’ will be closest to the X on the 5 shot, 500 yard target. The weather forecast this week is a little suspect but hopefully it will not rain Saturday. I would plan for it to be wet and muddy. More details for the match this weekend are mentioned in the forum topic ‘first match of 2015’

We have not had a match at Reese Bottom since last November. Seems like forever to me but I hope that many of you good shooters will help get the coming year off to a great start. Also, please help me get the forums back active. Post photos, link to interesting articles, ask questions, encourage each other, offer shooting or reloading tips, etc, just please find a subject to discuss in the forums. If you have a question or if I can ever be of any help, call me or send me an email. Hope to see many of you on Saturday February 21. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello everyone. I look forward to learning the ins and outs of competing at Reese Bottom. Does anyone have any advice to someone starting out in the competitive realm? I’ve tried to research, as much as I can, f class shooting via this forum and elsewhere. I’m running a Rem 700 like .308. I hunt with hand loaded 168gr noslers, but have recently switched to 175 smk to help with the wind. Thanks.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Colin, if I had to offer someone beginning advice, it would all be related to safety. Arrive at Reese Bottom with your bolt removed from the rifle and I will assure you that the other good shooters will help with the rest. To a man, they will all want you to feel welcomed and comfortable. Hope to see you Saturday. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looking forward to seeing everyone and getting back to shooting. Plan on being there Sat. Discovered my crossbolts loose on the 6br while letting some of the wounded warriors shoot a couple weeks ago. I took the sightron off and replaced it with a Nightforce. Jimmy says that I didn’t tighten the bolts and he is most likely right! Check your equipment before Sat!!

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Very good advice Steve. Tighten up everything and look through the barrel. Looking forward to Saturday. Sure hope that this weather gets out of here. Talked with Britt late this afternoon and he said that it had rained all day in Livingston but it did not start here until after 5 o’clock. Could be worse though, talked with Mr. Gardner in PA. this morning and it was minus 9 with 2′ of snow. See ya Sat. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Collin: Stick close to Darrel White and pay attention. He has kicked lots of our butts with his .308!! Lots of good guys at Reese Bottom that will help with any questions you have.

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

I will be watching the results anxiously as we are still a ways away from our first match. Shoot straight and small.

Dave, in the frigid Northeast

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Dave, good to hear from you. Global warming took us to 22* this morning here in west central Alabama but I am sure you would trade. At least the skies are blue and the winds are blowing today so that they will not have to blow on Saturday. I still think that you should invest in a new plane so that you and Mr. Gardner could zip down here each month and shoot with us. Stay warm and shoot ‘um small. WWE

Daryl White
      Participant

Thanks Steve! It’s hard not to shoot well when your associated with a group of shooters that are so willing to share their knowledge and advice on the subject of long range shooting. Each good score is a reflection of the group as a whole. Cudo’s to Wynne, Bret, and EVERYONE who has worked hard and contributed to make Reese Bottom a continued success. And yes, looking forward to Saturday. Keep your powder dry! DEW

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.