March 2017 Mid Range Prone Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room March 2017 Mid Range Prone Match

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Saturday March 18, 2017 Reese Bottom will be hosting a mid range prone match. The only difference from any other mid range prone match ever held at Reese Bottom will be the $15 entry fee. $5 for expenses and $10 to the winners. Please try to arrive by 8 am so that we can hopefully be shooting by 9 am. Please bring your own drinks and snacks, you will be expected to eat on the go. We will have a prone class, f-open, ftr, and an open bench class for shooters that cannot shoot from the prone position. I receive special request from time to time and I pledge to try very hard to honor these request. Please be sure and remind me during the sign in period.

There are a couple of things that I would like to mention here. First, I ask for your patience during the matches. Reese Bottom only has 5 target stations and if 20 + shooters participate, I can assure you that the match will last approx 6 hours, no way around it. We pledge to not drag around, but a lot of coming and going is required and it just takes time. The other thing that I would like to mention is pit duty. F-class shooters visiting Reese Bottom will be asked to do pit duty. Please do not let this discourage anyone from shooting. Our target backers work with ease, but I have heard it mentioned that looking up hurts the neck. If this is the case with any of you, please make me aware and I will see that you get paired with a pit buddy that agrees to see the hits and pull the target leaving you to spot and score the target. We can make this work. Thanks for promoting Reese Bottom, WWE

Steve Gilley
      Participant

I have my bullets ready! Have not shot since Oct. but I’m ready! Would like to pair with someone that can look up in the pits for bullet strikes. Don’t mind pulling. My neck don’t bend well without complaining!

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

Any weather updates from Linden? Looks like AM rain chance?

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Ben, it appears the rain chances are going down each day. As a young boy, we only got one channel[Meridian] and the weather man’s name was Bob Holland. Every night his forecast for the next day would be clear to partly cloudy with a chance of rain[no way to miss] and I bet he will be right Saturday. If anything changes, I will post it here, but I will not postpone the match unless it is raining Saturday morning. If the weather is questionable Saturday, please wait until around 6am and call me. 334-654-2462 WWE

ps: for those of you that pray, please add my father in law to your prayer list. His health is declining at a very rapid rate. His father bought the farm in the late 1930’s and Papa has spent his entire life trying to keep it all together. He was able to keep 5 of the 6 divisions in the family and he is the reason that we enjoy Reese Bottom each month.

Brad Mitchell
      Participant

Said a prayer for your dad Wynne, wish him the best. Will be headed that way in the morning if the weather holds up, looking forward to shooting with y’all again. How many sighters do we get?

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Great News!! We ask shooters to hold it to 7 on the first relay and 2 on relay 2 & 3 for time sake. We have been known to bend the rules if someone has trouble with their zero. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I typed for 10 minutes last night and do not see my post. I must have exited without hitting the submit button. Anyway, there is still a chance for showers tomorrow but there is more of a chance that it will not rain. We will see. I have a couple of request. Reese Bottom is damp, esp. in front of the firing line so please park before you get to the port a potty and if you need help with your stuff, see me. I also need three or four of you to bring a spotting scope and maybe a stool. Hope to see many of you tomorrow at Reese Bottom. WWE

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

Wynne, unfortunately my little one has gotten sick. Picked him up from daycare yesterday and he was a mess. Couple of shots and a carload of antibiotics later he is on the road to recovery. That being said we are gonna stay in this weekend and get him back to 100%. Hate we are not going to be able to make it, but I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow. Someone else will have to be on cookie duty!

Daryl White
      Participant

The only green thing I got on St. Patrick’s day from the Leprechaun was the crud. I too visited the doc’s office for a couple of shots and antibiotics. Shoot well, See you guys next month.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.