July 2017 Bench Rest Results

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room July 2017 Bench Rest Results

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Congratulations to the winners today, esp. Kenneth Thomas who was proud that he won his first division pin. Not sure, but I think Brent Bishop also. All of the divisions were super competitive but I would like to call everyone’s attention to the agg avg in the mechanical division. I think that it is unbelievable that 8 different guns can shot 4 – 5 shot groups and the agg avg from top to bottom is less than 3/4 inch. Heck, I shot one of my best scores to date and came in 5th place in score. Well, you throw a bullet at Reese Bottom and you can head back across the creek. Thanks to all that helped with things today, your check is in the mail. Hope that they all don’t get lost. We have a great group of guys and gals at Reese Bottom and they all happen to be very good shooters. See the results on the ‘Results’ page and we will have more pictures at a later time. WWE

brett collins
      Participant

it was good to see SURRELL up and about today and every one else Reese bottom is a lot of fun

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

It was good to see Champion Sniper out and about. The Mrs. and I just got back from a joy ride out past Reese Bottom and look what we found. Someone in the family is getting ready for dove season. WWE

Attachments:
      Brent
      Participant

Enjoyed the shoot and yes Wynne it was my first win

Happy I was able to make it yesterday to the match , it was my first time coming and not getting to shoot. Just watching all the shooters zero on the plates and then moving up to the paper targets and not shooting the X out of the paper was a learning experience. Most of the shooters would shoot a good group but not a high score or a high X count. All this was from not really getting a good zero on the sighter plate, a lot of the groups were high or low on paper but still a good small group. I’m really not sure way it’s working this way but not getting a proper zero will cause a shooter problems on getting that high score. With all this being said I think all the shooters should pay more attention on a good zero on their sighter plate before moving up to paper for score and I believe they will shoot a better in score and X count.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Surrell, you bring up an interesting point. Dan and I actually talked about the fouler plates after last month’s shoot. We talked about grinding the paint off and getting back to the metal. There are many coats of paint on the plates now. We also discussed maybe alternating paint colors. Say orange-white-orange-white or something along that idea. What I do know is that at the longer yardages a slow moving 6mm bullet does not hit the plate very hard and you had better pay attention and try to figure out where the center of the splatter is. I see no alternative to the plates so let’s challenge the good shooters at Reese Bottom to put more emphasis on the site in period in order to center up on the target. Other comments and suggestions are welcomed. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

After getting a slow start yesterday I had the best day ever at Reese Bottom. Finally winning a first place pin that I have been after since getting started and yes sir I am very proud of it. It does seem to come easier for some but it has been lot of hard work for me but like Mr Wynne said yesterday the competition should be in yourself. It is fun competing with others, that’s what makes it fun. I will continue working hard because if you let up at Reese Bottom someone will take your place.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Be sure and check out the ‘Home Page’ and I just got up a group of photos from yesterday on the “Photo” page. I enjoyed the day yesterday and look forward to shooting with you folks on the third Saturday of August. WWE

Brent and Kenneth good shooting and Congratulations on your wins it’s always nice to go home being the #1 shooter in your class.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you Surrell, was glad to see you at the match. Hey Ben I’ll have to catch you at recess, I’m still in class, lol.

Al Barr
      Participant

Somebody fan that Kenneth Thomas! He is red hot!

Congratulations Kenneth!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.