January Get Together !!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room January Get Together !!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

At our last match, we had mentioned getting together in January for a fun day of shooting at 1000 yards. Our family has a wedding in Birmingham on the third Saturday the 16th. That leaves two Saturdays in January, the 23rd and the 30th. Any of you good shooters have any thoughts about which one might be better?

Please, check the Events Page. I have scheduled only one bench rest match for this coming year. That could change, but my feelings are that we have very few true bench guns and there is no need to try to be something that we are not. I have scheduled two pairs matches, one at 600 and one at 1000. I got the impression that the shooters enjoyed the one we had last year. If not, let me hear from you. I have scheduled the 1000 yard shooting for Spring and Fall so that I will not have to cut the entire range all Summer. We will pre register for all matches and we plan to take no more than 28 shooters for a match. With all the prone matches, I would like to limit the number of bench shooters to a max. of 4. That would allow us to shoot them all at the same time.

Hope that this helps everyone plan their shooting season. Comments are welcomed.
      Please help promote Reese Bottom and let’s make this a great year for shooting. WWE

Ron Williams
      Participant

23rd and I’ll be there

brett collins
      Participant

i would be down for either one of them weekends.

Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

I’m good for either. I’m ready to shoot. Been a long time off.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Having my Other eye done on the 26th. Should be able to do the 23rd though

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Let’s go ahead and set this up for Saturday January 23 about 9:00 am. This will be 1000 yard shooting. I will bring the labradar if anyone needs it. Please let me know by Thursday night 7:00 pm on the 21st so that I can get some food and drinks together. Please keep an eye on the weather and if anything changes I will post it here. This would be an excellent time to bring a friend or someone that might be interested in what we are doing. WWE

brett collins
      Participant

i will be there johnny pace and johnnie jones are coming also

scott parten
      Participant

I plan to be there

John Sanders
      Participant

I’ll be there!
      Update: Richard is slowly progressing and I appreciate all of your prayers. Hopefully he will regain use of his left side and be able to shoot again. Thanks for everyone that has reached out.

Ron Williams
      Participant

I’m a little late but I’m planning on being there

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

A quick update. We are looking at approx. a dozen or so shooters. I have been contacted by three different groups of first time guest. Will be great to see new faces at Reese Bottom. It has misted here all day and more forecast for tomorrow. Saturday is forecast to be okay with a little wind from the north. I think we have a car or two coming so please let them have the rocks, it will be wet. I will have a few drinks and a little something for lunch. Let’s plan to get started around 9:00 am and if your are a little late that is okay. We have done this before so let’s plan to shoot one at the time and everybody else watch or maybe some be setting up. I also plan to put up a target at 100 yards and bring the Labradar just in case. Please plan to share the range but come planning to shoot all you want. Safe travels in, and see you Saturday morning. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Update #2: Wear rubber boots !! WWE

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.