Happy New Year

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Happy New Year

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Suze and I hope that all of you good shooters have had a Very Merry Christmas and that all of you are as excited about the New Year as we are. 2019 at Reese Bottom should be a fun, exciting year. Things will change a little, hopefully for the better for all involved. Santa Clause was good to Reese Bottom and for all of you that are upgrading your stuff, you should look forward to an exciting year of shooting. First off, Santa brought in a Cat D6 for about 30 hours of pushing. We were able to move some dirt and open up the range for a possible 1000 yards. We pushed down the 200 yard and the 400 yard berms and relocated the 300 yard and the 500 yard berms a little. No more pit duty, all of that is gone. The only thing to shoot at right now would be the backer at 100 yards. Did you catch the no more pit duty? We have purchased 3 Shotmarker electronic targets. Because of the wet weather I have not had a chance to experiment with them, but I have talked with Adam several times and don’t think it will be too big a deal to get them up and going. Notice that I said 3 electronic targets. Most of you are aware that participation dropped off last year so plans are to start with the 3 targets and limit the number of shooters until I make sure how things are going to work out. If there is a demand, we have room for at least one more target. In the meantime, if you plan on shooting the upcoming year, please make sure that the email that you have listed on your profile here is correct. The website allows me to send a mass email that I think will maybe work better than taking for granted that everyone checks the forum. We have also agreed with a contractor to pour more concrete and building the shed larger to cover all 5 tables. The weather will be a factor as to when this gets done. I will go ahead and say that we will shoot a bench rest match on the third Saturday in February. It will be something at 300 and 500 yards. Hopefully we will can get things back together by Spring and do some different things. Looking forward to bringing in 2019 with a big ‘BANG’. ha ha WWE

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Wow thank you mr. Wynne this news maybe the best Christmas present I got! Can’t wait to get started

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Wow!!! Looks like we are going to have to change the name from Reese Bottom to Reese Lake or Swamp or something. Man, we have had some rain. The creek has been out twice the last couple of weeks. So excited that we have had a couple of new fellows join the forum lately. Hopefully that will be the beginning of some new interest and excitement for the upcoming year. Looks like Suze and I are headed to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks where I plan to attend the Shot Show. We went a few years back and it is something to see. Hope that you good shooters had a safe, fun Christmas season and that Santa filled your stockings with some new stuff. If any of you show up at Reese Bottom with something new that you have not fore warned us about, you will be disqualified and not allowed to shoot, so you had better fess up now. lol We are taking applications now for anyone wanting to serve on the inspection committee. Make plans now to shoot the third Saturday in February. WWE

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

Happy New Year to you and Suze!!! Sounds as though you have made some great upgrades at Reese Bottom. I will be interested to know how you find shooting with the Shot Marker system. It seems it would be a great asset for matches and especially for working up loads.

Dave

Steve Gilley
      Participant

So glad to hear of the new range! I plan on shooting more this year and Jake, my neighbors son, has bought himself a rifle and is ready to jump in too. Enjoy Vegas Wynne and safe travels.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.