Good Food + Good Shooting**WHOW!!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Good Food + Good Shooting**WHOW!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Our hope is that everyone made it home safe and sound and that all have had a wonderful Easter Sunday. Not only was it Easter Sunday in our home, the Mrs. and I also celebrate 47 short years being married today. You good shooters saw yesterday what a sweet lady she is. Hey, the brownies were on her. For me, I am glad that yesterday finally got here. The Shotmarker e-targets have been here for several months now but because of the weather and some dirt moving, things moved a little slower than planned. Anyway, all in all I think things went better than could have ever been anticipated. Two weeks ago 2 out of 5 fun shooters did not come with their scopes properly set, which had me nervous. Yesterday, all seventeen good shooter’s first shot hit inside the target sensors, amazing. As mentioned elsewhere, the shooting conditions at Reese Bottom were worse yesterday than I have ever seen. To see how well ‘SOME’ of the good shooters shot is amazing. For the rest of us well “we will see ‘next time’ ” Congrats to the winners and it was great to see several past good shooters back at Reese Bottom. Brad Reeves was a first timer and I see where he has already joined the forum. Welcome aboard! Would love to hear from anyone that has questions about the new system. Thanks for your patience with me and please be advised that the shooters say they want more of the same in May so stay close to the forum. See home page, results, and photos. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Looking through the photos, it caught my attention how many of you good shooters were watching on your cell phone. Did everything go okay or were there problems? Plans are to talk with Adam this week about a few things we noticed yesterday so if anyone noticed anything odd, I sure would like to hear it. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Below are a couple of examples of the score sheets used at Reese Bottom. One is properly turned in and the other requires additional attention by the person entering the data in the computer. Addition is hard but please help. Yesterday we had a shooter that before we cleared the screen we noticed there were 21 shots on the tablet scorecard. He said “please take the best 20 out of the 21” lol Hope you see the difference. Click to enlarge. WWE

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Wynne Echols.
        Brad Elliot Reeves
        Participant

Thank you to all at Reese Bottom for letting me come out shoot. I had a great time! There seems to be so much to learn, but I feel blessed to have been there. The level of talent, knowledge and professionalism were amazing. The electronic targets and tablets made for a more relaxed shooting environment! Any shooters score is priority and a greater attention to detail will be given. Lunch was great; many thanks for it. Once again I feel blessed to have found a place to come shoot, compete and learn in a family-friendly environment.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

I enjoyed the day and the electronics worked great. The food was great and a big thanks to you and that sweet wife of yours! Hope to see you next month.

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

Happy belated anniversary to both of you! The e targets worked great and following them on my phone worked really well and very convenient!

Sam Entrican
      Participant

I enjoyed the match Saturday Mr Wynne. The targets performed well, wind was blowing and the food was great. Certainly hope to see y’all again soon. Tell Mrs. Wynne thanks for the brownies.

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Well I hate I had to sit this one out especially hate I missed the good food!!
      If yall thought the wind was giving yall fits you ever tried to eat Birthday cake and ice cream in a 20 mph wind with 30 3 year olds (and their parents) running screaming and having a blast lol
      Sure hope I get to make next months match and be around people more my own age
      jrs

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I had a good conversation with Adam the Shotmarker guy this morning about a few questions that I had from Saturday. One of the concerns that I had from Saturday was the glare on the tablet screen for the scorer. He said that what most are doing is let the shooter have the tablet to align as best suits him and to ask the scorer to get out of the way and log on with their smart device and score from afar. So for those willing please try to download the chrome app to your device and we will try to make that work, or we can continue to do as we did Saturday. Thanks again to all of you good shooters for making this work as well as it did. You might even notice a few changes at Reese Bottom in the near future. If things go as planned, we plan to take 24 good shooters for the mid range prone match on Saturday May 18, 2019. Not for sure just yet but I will have more to say around the first of the month. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

I guess my post got lost but anyway I had a great time Sat. Mr. Wynne made a comment about being a little nervous getting started, first shot I thought about that little antena on top of the target frame, I bet he was a lot more nervous. I had fun looking forward to a good year.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.