Electronic Trickler

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Electronic Trickler

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Has anyone on the forum had any experience with an electronic powder trickler? I was wondering how dependable they are. Also, how do they compare to the manual trickler? Thanks, WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Wynne,
      I use an Omega two speed electronic powder dribbler. It works well for me and is adjustable to be able to drop a single kernel of Varget and H4350; which are the only two powders that I’ve used it with.

Tony Graham
      Participant

RCBS Charge Master Supreme! Slightly modified, best thing since sliced bread. 80 grains in about 45 seconds.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wynne,

I have been using an Omega electronic trickler for the past 9 months and find it to be a wonderful device. As has been mentioned you are able to dispense powder by the kernel. It is a great addition to a scale that weighs to 0.02 grain.

Sam Entrican
      Participant

As Al, and Dave have said, the omega trickled is great. It’s perfect for shooters like us that are loading for a match and weigh each charge. I throw a charge slightly underweight, place on a gem pro 250 and trickle up with the omega. It saves a little time compared to a manual trickler.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wynne, You need to get one of these. bob Pastor gave me his Omega when he retired from shooting and dedicated his time to building Rests. He also gave me his personal beam scale accurized by Scott Parker. I also sent to Scott a Old Ohaus Scale I had for years to have him work his magic on. These two scales now will measure to the Kernal or to one piece of powder. I use a Rcbs Charge Master Supreme to throw the initial charge a 1/2 grn light and use the Omega to finish the weighing of the charge. The electronic scales like RCBS and even Gen Pro even though it is in a different league completely than RCBS, throw to within a tolerance, usually + or – 1/10 th of a grain that makes for a range of 2/10 ths of a grain. The difference in loading as an example 42.3 grains of a powder and 42.5 to me is just to big of a difference.

Roloand

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.