Dropped off my first custom rifle with Britt

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Dropped off my first custom rifle with Britt

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I haven’t been shooting (long range) very long, but I’ve wanted to get a “custom” rifle built to my specs. A few months ago I decided now is as good a time as ever before I have little ones come along! I’ve slowly been gathering the required parts and, this weekend dropped them off with Britt Jones to discuss the build:

Kelbly’s Atlas Tactical Action – pinned 20moa rail, pinned lug, Black melonite finish, AI/AW cuts
      Bartlein .264 SS 5R Heavy Palma – 1:8 Twist — finished at 26″ chambered in 6.5x47L
      APA Little Bastard Muzzle Brake
      KMW/McMillan Sentinel Stock by Terry Cross – McM Desert Camo – Pillar bedded
      Surgeon/KMW AI bottom metal
      Timney Calvin Elite Trigger
      Seekins 34mm low rings
      Kahles 624i w/ SKMR3 reticle from Shannon Kay at K&M Precision (currently in use on my Savage .308)
      Graphite Black cerakote on barrel/brake

I’ll be excited to get the call from Britt in a few months to come pick it up, then I’ll put some pics up for everyone!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      Dave Burkart
      Participant

Jeremy,

You chose a great smith. Britt built the first custom long range gun I purchased, although Britt built it for Wynne first. It is a 6 BR that will typically shoot better than I can. The picture below was taken at Williamsport during the 2013 World Open, five shots in 1 1/2 inches, it was fabulous. Unfortunately we shoot 10 shot groups, so it ended up as a 7 1/2 in. group. As you can see Britt builds a great gun, this one was based on a Savage action. Look forward to pics when you get it.

Dave Burkart

Al Barr
      Participant

The wait will be worth it. Britt puts every effort possible into building a rifle. In my case; it’s the “loose nut” on the trigger when it doesn’t perform.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Jeremy, proud for you. We all look forward to seeing it soon at Reese Bottom. WWE

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

You’ll be blown away when you get it. I couldn’t be happier with mine that he built for me. Meanwhile I gotta get to practicing before you get your hands on it and start out shooting me!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Britt builds rifles that will outshoot most people’s ability to bring out its full potential! Jeremy, you will not be dissatisfied with this rifle!

Jeremy you will be more than happy with a Backwater build by Britt Jones he does a great job as you see from shooting at Gabriel Creek all of Britt’s guns have shot very well look at Steve Gilley’s 5 out of 5 at 525 on the tie breaker.I think I need to get my 6.5X47 Britt built me two years ago and start shooting it still have not fired it yet.

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

Surrell, you got too many rifles you haven’t shot. Why don’t you just donate a few to a poor ole fellow like me?? lol

Al Barr
      Participant

Yeah,yeah, Surrell, we could break’em in for ya😇😇😇

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.