Dedicated range rifles

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Dedicated range rifles

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Larry Linneman
      Participant

Been thinking about this for awhile now i shoot from 300 to 1000 yards when i practice an it is getting to be a pain to always rezero back to what ever match im shooting the day of the match.it cost my son sone point at our last club match when i gave him my 308 that i thought was zeroed for 300 and was actually zeroed at 600(my f open rifle was still zeroed for 1000). none of my scopes have zereo stops so thats out so anyhow it got my thinking i have 3 ftr rifles why not zero 1 for 300 another for 600 and the last for 1000 . Has anyone done this jeep a rifle for a certain yardage ? . Or am i crazy for thinking of this the only rifle i would be cranking up and down would be my f open 6.5 creedmoor

Sounds like a plan to me if one has that many rifles they shoot, I try to stick to one rifle and re-zero my knobs after each match. The only reason I do it this way is I try to only have to reload for one at a time,but my bench gun I only shoot just a few times a year and keep that ammo loaded all the time. If you are letting others shoot your rifles then you may want to just re-zero your knobs after each match so you don’t have a zero problem at a given distance.

Larry Linneman
      Participant

Problem is i dont have zero stops and its a pain counting back every time . Kinda like when the shooter i brought to reese bottom who thought his rifle was zeroed and was off by 300 yards

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Are you counting clicks or moa? WWE

Larry Linneman
      Participant

Moa mister wynne heres a for instance 4 weeks ago my 308 was zeroed at 300 for a match the next week i went to 600 then to 1000 this week 300 then back out to 600 to get ready for your match next month. It is never ending that why i figured 1 308 for 1000 the one i normally shoot at your match 600 and leave my 223 for 300 club matches. The way im cranking up and down lately one missed rezero and im sending bullets into never never land

Al Barr
      Participant

I shoot some of my better groups when I’m launching bullets into never land.😂

Larry Linneman
      Participant

i did cut a tree down with my other 308 it has 1/4″ clicks and the rest are 1/8″ clicks it was something watching fall through the scope lol all i could do was turn around and say but how about the grouping at 1100 yards

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.