Congratulations are in Order

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Congratulations are in Order

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Dave Burkart continued his good shooting this past weekend at the PA 1000 yard club. Dave won his relay for score and finished 2nd in the shootoff. Just got a text from Dave and he informed me that he won the relay with a brand new Dasher barrel that Backwater Custom Rifles chambered for him and he shot the BR in the shootoff to finish 2nd. Also noticed in the results that a shooter shot a 3.340″ group in light gun. That would be 10 shots @ 1000 yards. Pretty impressive.

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

I was so excited with Ray shooting the 3″ group I never asked him about the load. I believe he said the barrel was a Bartlein 5R. I don’t believe Ray is an especially fast shooter.

The bullet I been testng is a 105 VLD from Precision Ballistics in Nevada. The owner said he shoots an .008 jam but the .002 jump seemed to shoot better when I tested on Friday. I was using 33.0 Gn of H-4895 with a CCI 450. I have certainly been trying to shoot more quickly, I have been shooting more quickly. In fact in the shoot off I finished shooting and starting clearing the bench before I realized I had only fired 9 shots. I was able to restart before the match was called and put my last shot downrange. I was fortunate that the shot fell in with the rest of the group.

Dave

Dave Burkart
      Participant

Wynne,

Thank you for the congrats. Ray Laudenslager shot the 3.340 group, he had a new barrel that he had just finished and put 4 rounds on the bank Friday afternoon after test firing two rounds at hi house. Next morning he shot the 3.340 from a Dasher for a new club record.

The Dasher I shot with the new barrel from Britt, I tried some loads that I had left from the Open and adjusted their length from .008 jam to a .006 jump and fired them to see what shot best. The .002 jump shot well and that is what I shot. I hope I may be able to tweak the load a bit.

I have attached a pic of Ray’s 3.334 LG target.
      Dave

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Dave Burkart. Reason: File to large
      Attachments:
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Dave, thanks for sharing this information in the forums. That is one impressive target. That would be all of our dream. I have a few questions and observations. Every shooter loves the first relay. Did Mr. Ray share any load data? What bullet are you experimenting with jamming and jumping? Can you attribute your recent success to anything in particular? I know last year when I was up there, you were going to try to get your ten down range a little quicker. Was wondering how that worked out. Up until recently, Reese Bottom has shot mostly five shot groups, most of our shooters shoot deliberately, but with a ten shot group trying to catch a condition, would require speed. Is there a rule of thumb as to how quick most of the better shooters are trying to get ‘um down range? Was this Mr. Ray a very quick shooter or a deliberate shooter? Thanks again for sharing, WWE

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.