cleaning no no

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room cleaning no no

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Danny Gray
      Participant

i made the mistake of spraying carb cleaner in barrel and chamber with a dewey coated cleani g rod about 3-4 in barrel .i let it set for 3 days. upon time to clean rod is frozen tight and had to use slid hammer to remove.

brett collins
      Participant

it may be time for a new barrel

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Danny, looking forward to meeting you and Albert tomorrow. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. What I have found out about this shooting thing is that you can read all you want and ask all the questions you want, but some things have to be learned by trial and error. Very seldom to you hear of a good shooter making the same mistake twice. If they do they do not tell. Safe travels tomorrow morning. WWE

Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

If you poured more carb cleaner back on top of the dewey rod and leaving it for short time wouldn’t soften back up?

Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

I ment after it soaked for a few minutes, wouldn’t the rod soften back up so you could push it out.

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Wow I hate that Danny but thanks for sharing. I soak with carb cleaner often
      But I know now not to use a coated Rod. Luckily I have a short brass rod I use

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.