Bench Gun Scope?

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Bench Gun Scope?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I would like to see what people think about what scope works best on a bench gun.The reason I am asking I am about to get some glass to go on my 308 bench gun I hade Britt build me a while back I did get a Bald Eagle cast iron rest and rear bag so I can TRY to get in the race with some of our better shooters.I think if I’am going to shoot bench rest I need to get ready to just do it……Maybe when I get it all set up just maybe I might get to show it off as Gun Of The Month……What do you think MR Wynne??????

Anonymous
      Inactive

It was recommended to me to buy a Sightron 8x32x56 with fine crosshairs. I assure you that you won’t go wrong with this scope. I bought 2, one for me and one for Ad and the both are very, very repeatable and have great glass. If you don’t buy something before the next shoot, you are more than welcome to check them out. Check the pricing, I don’t think you can get anymore for the money.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I too bought the Sightron 8x32x56 and really like it. I have 3 Nightforce scopes and a S&B. The Sightron is right up there with them for a lot less money!

Dennis Gray
      Participant

YOU GUYS WITH THE SIGHTRONS. I NO THE GLASS IS AS GOOD AS NIGHTFORCE, OR MAYB EVEN BETTER. I DO THINK THE TRACKING AND THE DURABILITY IS SUPPOSE TO BE WHAT THE NIGHTFORCE IS MAINLY KNOWN FOR. I HAVE 3 NIGHTFORCES, 1 OF WHICH IS THE NEW 15X55X52. HAVE HAD IT PROB A YEAR AND STILL HAVE NOT PUT IT ON ANYTHING. I HAVE SEEN AWFUL LOT OF SIGHTRONS WINNING THOW. CAN U GUYS SHED LITTLE LIGHT ON THE TRACKING.

Dennis Gray
      Participant

ALSO THE DURABILITY OF THE SCOPE. I ALMOST SURE IT WAS A MATCH AT REESE BOTTOM WHEN I THINK SOMEONES WHOLE TOP ADJUSTMENT BROKE OUT.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Surrell, when you talk about Sightron and Nightforce scopes, you are talking about two different price points. For the money, Sightron gives the shooter their moneys worth, yet Nightforce has a name for quality(at a price). Someone can correct me on this, but I think that most scopes come with a life time warranty. My only suggestion about a true benchrest scope is that it has a fine crosshair reticle, I personally do not like a dot in the crosshair although some would say that they do like the dot.

As for the broken scope mentioned above, although it took a couple of weeks, it was my understanding that Sightron replaced it with a new one, no questions asked.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.