August Benchrest Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room August Benchrest Match

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Reese Bottom will host a benchrest match on Saturday August 16, 2014 with registration starting at 8:00 am, drawing at 8:30, and hopefully shooting by 9:00 am. A shooter may shoot up to two guns and the entry fee is $10.00 per gun. We will shoot the same three divisions plus a hunting class and all fees will be paid out to the winners. This will be a 20 shot match plus sight in shots. 5 @ 200, 5 @ 300, 5 @ 400, and 5 @ 500. The hunting class will shoot it’s regular format. I will have a few cold drinks and biscuits, no coffee pot, and maybe some sausage for lunch. Many of you good shooters have gotten out of the habit of shooting regularly. Come on people, more shooters is what creates the competition. Hope to see many of you on the 16th. WWE

Tony Graham
      Participant

Wynne, Tell me again what the format is for the hunting rifle?

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

For the hunting rifle class, we put up a target at 100 yards with a bunch of t’s on it and the shooter must do all of their sight shots at this target. We time it but are very generous. Then with no turret adjustment(must hold over) shoot four at a target at 200 yards. We go cold for a period and then shoot four the same way at 300 yards. That is a total of 8 for record for score only. High score wins, ties = most X’s, still tied closest to X. For the hunting class the last couple of matches, we have turned the targets backwards with a 2″ spotter over the X so that the shooter can hopefully see each hit and maybe adjust their hold.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wynne, correct me if I’m wrong, but you don’t have to have your rifle “zeroed” at 100, right? If you know 2″ high at 100 is on at 200, you can sight in at 2″ high, as a guess of course, no measuring allowed. Then hold over at 300. Or you could have 300 zeroed and hold under at 200. Or do you actually have to be zeroed at 100?

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

The whole intent of the hunting rifle division was to allow people with hunting rifles to come to Reese Bottom and see what we do without having to buy or build an expensive firearm. Obviously it has not been a very popular idea. The format is, at best, a work in progress. The target at 100 yards is simply a means that allows the shooters to verify their zero(whatever it is) before record shots are fired and 200 and 300 yards. Dan, your reply is correct. Someone needs to promote this and get several of you good shooters to participate and create a legit competition. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Im sorry to say that I can’t make this match. We have a family reunion at 12:00 and also my 40th class reunion that night. Dang I was hoping I could come win some money to help support my habit!!

Don’t worry Steve still not a lost for u if I win I will share my winning’s with you……It still may be a lost,me winning I don’t think so but it could happen……
      MR Wynne I will be there with winning on my mind……

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.